Airfix Mustang IV - all done 25/03

specky

Hi everyone,

somewhat later than anticipated, here's the last update.

A second coat of green didn't make much of a difference, so I'll call it 'job done' there...

001_zpski54gs3a.jpg

....a run around touching in and general tidying up has it ready for decals....

002_zpsmfflc9wz.jpg

...but first, a buffing with paper hand towel to put a bit of a shine on the paint...

007_zpsovbf6mle.jpg

... it works really well on a 'brushed' finish, but its not magic...

015_zps1colc5rw.jpg

...Cartograf decals are brilliant, but there's no way anything will conform over these aileron actuators without assistance!

Odds and ends painted ready to fit, including transparencies painted in the usual manner. As good as possible with the 'universal' brush and then scrape-off the excess when dry

004_zpsdsdipcvl.jpg

Fit it all up and I'm going to call it done!

009_zpsnbgfov5d.jpg

Many thanks to the organisers for putting this together - Its been a bit of a laugh and best of luck to all the other participants - and if you're not one, why not? I really do believe that everyone should have a go at something like this every couple of years, just to put it all into perspective!

Cheers for now and thanks for looking

Craig

(More images to follow in the gallery)

• Like 1

Good job with limited resources.

Hi Stosh.

You hit the nail on the head there - even something as basic as an aerosol coat of primer would have made all the difference with the paintwork! These Humbrol acrylics just don't want to go down cleanly onto bare plastic

How's your Jag getting on? I cannot even begin to imagine what a bit of a nightmare painting that must be

Craig

Edited by specky

Hi Stosh.

You hit the nail on the head there - even something as basic as an aerosol coat of primer would have made all the difference with the paintwork! These Humbrol acrylics just don't want to go down cleanly onto bare plastic

How's your Jag getting on? I cannot even begin to imagine what a bit of a nightmare painting that must be

Craig

I never thought I'd miss primer but there you go. Jag is coming along, update going up now.