1/72 Italeri Wessex HAS3 - Finished 28th April 2016

Hi, hope it's ok to join in? I haven't built an egg beater for ages so this seems an opportune time to take this from the stash and have a crack at it. If anyone has any tips re this kit please let me know.

25128239094_74f57dbcbe_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

25457980660_1b59b8fee9_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

25758684195_a6d97e06c2_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

25732604206_bc9daa1a97_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

Edited by ForestFan
  • Like 4

I read somewhere years ago that the tail rotor blades had been moulded back to front. Don't quote me on that though maybe I'm wrong and someone will be able to enlighten. Anyway, I did both of Italeris Wezzys (2006) and enjoyed them without worrying about any inaccuracies. You can't go wrong with an angry palm tree adorned in RN livery.

• Like 1

I read somewhere years ago that the tail rotor blades had been moulded back to front. Don't quote me on that though maybe I'm wrong and someone will be able to enlighten. Anyway, I did both of Italeris Wezzys (2006) and enjoyed them without worrying about any inaccuracies. You can't go wrong with an angry palm tree adorned in RN livery.

Quite correct Darby, they need modification, nothing too arduous though.

Colin

A little bit of progress made by snatching some early morning minutes before the house awakes! Fixed the tail rotor. Now quick question, is it better to fix the respective nose halves to the fuselage halves and then join together or fix as a complete unit to the completed fuselage?

25706626172_8d3ab227b8_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

25706626012_179bfbf04b_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

• Like 4

Very nice shade of yellow. Which color and brand?

I have this kit sitting around, half finished because I got all hung up on the belly detail. Did you do yours OOB?

I guess nobody will be looking under the model, I should just finish mine up.

Thanks for the inspiration!