Alien resin wall plaque "Finished"

HI all this little beauty landed on my desk, its just 10" 250mm across, not shown is the chest burster and big chaps head in the first photo, simple assembly being a sum total of 3 parts but what a paint job!!

Hope to do this justice, may be a slow WIP but thought id post it.

The plan is to tackle each area of detail seperately, starting with Ashes head. This is a solid resin moulding, i will be hand painting with enamels.

DSC_2850_zpshsq9uhgn.jpg

One coat of matt white as a primer.

DSC_2849_zpstsginyzi.jpg

Yes its supposed to look like that, covered in android gunk, all will be revealed with the paint job (i hope!!)

DSC_2848_zpsgz7exrx9.jpg

All the best Chris

• Like 8

A little progress, humbrol flesh mixed with matt white to tone down and get close match to actors flesh tone, eyes detailed with tip of cocktail stick, dark grey, light grey and black, with red eye muscles in corners.

DSC_2853_zpsattogxtz.jpg

Chris

• Like 3

Update the good ship Nostromo is gathering pace.

Humbrol black and dark brown mixed for the hair, eyelashes courtesy of cocktail stick, some un-watered down flesh for highlights. Also added a drop of kristal clear to each eye to give the glassy eyeball look, not convinced the photos pick this up. AS usual the photos dont do it justice, or am i just deluding myself LOL

DSC_2855_zpsom0x0jwm.jpg

DSC_2854_zpsnqc1aij1.jpg

All the best Chris

• Like 2

Well we have been busy, Ash is now finished. I used matt white enamel for the android fluid and balls in the wiring, a matt ochre for the leads. The balls received a coat of kristal clear to make them appear glass like, as did Ashes face etc to give the liquid appearance to the white. As usual the pics dont do it justice, ho hum, or it could be my eyesight LOL.

So what part to do next? tending towards a straight forward paint job on Ripley, rather than the eggs, which will be more intense, im leaving the big chap till last.

Took photos in daylight hoping it would help.

DSC_2857_zpshfzj3auk.jpg

DSC_2858_zpsbq0njgag.jpg

One additional taken indoors

DSC_2859_zpss09akn60.jpg

All the best Chris

• Like 5

Glad you guys like this, its one of my favourite movies, lots of memories, it really put the willies up my best mate of the time, we got in aged 17 to see it in 1979, came back from the local cinema in uxbridge on the bus, got to the top of the long curving road we both lived off and all the street lights had gone off, tree lined avenue, very dark. That was it my mate just legged it, he didnt stop running til he got home, just a quick shout of see you tomorrow, as my house was first on the way to his.

Chris

• Like 1

Ah well, the movie night turned out to be a fizzer as the cinema turned out to have the digital version of Aliens instead of the original version. All of the cinema's locally are fully digital and no actual films can be shown on the old format of film stock. They apparently can not play the movies beforehand to see if they have the correct film as they are encrypted and can not be previewed prior to the actual viewing. Got my money back and a free pass to a movie of my choice in the next 12 months. And it is too early to say if they can get the correct movie shown at a later date. Very disappointed with that level of service from people who are supposed to know what they are doing. I guess that they are unable to read the movie title on the box that the movie comes in !

I heard that the entire audience is getting a free ticket after the conclusion to the movie Aliens. For me it was a wasted evening and no excuse could make it any better.

So Ripley is finished, much paint mixing to get the right colours, her hair was a mix of black and dark brown, her suit was oxford blue and olive drab mixed, the badges were detailed with a .5 mm BIC needle point ink pen.

Eyes were kristal clear glazed as per Ash. Any one fancy bacon and alien eggs lol, as ill be doing the eggs next.

DSC_2863_zpsvcnvebmt.jpg

DSC_2862_zpsnfcqfwpp.jpg

All the best Chris

This is a weird and interesting piece. Will you be hanging it on the wall?

I really like the android goo on Ash, the dribble coming from his eye is particularly sinister.

Will

• Like 1

Cheers Will, im thinking of mounting it on a stand so it is slightly inclined, so when on display its facing the viewer.

Ive been referring to stills from the movie and Ash did indeed have a dribble from one eye, as you say very sinister.

With regards to Ripley, ive toned down the slight shine to her face with a coat of matt varnish, which should show up in later photos.

All the best chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So having completed my type II u-boat, ive returned to the alien trail and progressing with the next detail bit, the EGGS! certainly not the type you want with your bacon LOL

A rough coat of grey has been applied as they are supposed to be semi translucent i want a varied texture, the flesh tone in the open egg is the start of the more detailed bit.

DSC_2894_zpsstrek1eo.jpg
All the best Chris
  • Like 1

So moving on, i dabbed unstirred ochre paint onto the eggs for effect, also added paint to centre of open egg to give it that gelatinous appearance and colour.

The eggs now have a shiny surface which i will have to matt down at the end of this section of painting.

Next up are the white vein like stuff in the open egg plus the lips need to be painted followed by some kristal clear ooze from the closed lips.

Heres two photos one without flash and one with to try to give a feel for the finish so far.

DSC_2895_zpsmftasvss.jpg

DSC_2896_zpsey6d5esc.jpg

Chris

• Like 1

Eggs finished, dry brushed with light ghost grey, lips of eggs painted a chocolate brown and brushed with grey while wet, base area cleaned up with matt black.

Finally added kristal clear to tops of eggs and run down the sides at four points, not very visible in photo, also glazed over membrane in open egg.

So Kane with the chest burster is next.

DSC_2897_zpsdmdvrbin.jpg

DSC_2898_zpsw8ayoor3.jpg

Chris

• Like 2