H2S domes sizes: Halifax vs Lancaster

elger

Was the H2S dome identical on Lancasters and Halifaxes or were they different sizes? The dome on the old Airfix Halifax kit is about the same size as the one supplied with their new Lancaster kits. The relevant parts of the old Matchbox and new Revell Halifax kits are much smaller. These do seem to match the Granger scale drawings in terms of size. Any info on this?

The housing on the old Matchbox Halifax kits is more rotund/bulbous and I dismissed it like one might the shape of the new Revell Halifax engine cowlings. I felt the Airfix ones to be more accurate but then their Bristol Hercules radial engines were undersize.

The Revell h2s on the new Halifax (certainly mk.ii, can't confirm if they changed it for the mkiii) is hopeless wrong, so I'd pinch one from the Airfix Lancaster if you have a spare.

Cheers

Neil

• Like 1

I do, but that's why I ask; the Lancaster one is much bigger (also bigger than the one depicted in the Granger drawings) but about the same size as the one fitted to the old Airfix Halifax mk.III. So I'm wondering if anyone knows what size it should be.