1/72 Grumman XF 5F-1 Skyrocket, MPM

Good day, gentlemen!

Another model from good old MPM. Rubbish kit with a poor detalisation of the cabin. A vacuum formed canopy bubble but not a high quality and only one. There's little plate of photoetched. Engines were needed to be thrown out and be changed to another ones (from Vector), for what I was needed to melt the cowling from inside till the level of onion's skin. Were made:Pitot Tube that were made from medical needles, Navigation lights made from colored plastic, interior of the cabin was made from my own resources, saving belts, antennas' machts and cables, detalisation of chassis from medical needles, wheels were replaced, riveting, new lines were cut, every detail was seriously sharpened. Overall no detail has been left unsharpened. It seems to me that press-forms were worn out. Decals were also replaced because colors were slipped. Canopy bubble gave me the most trouble and it may be seen from my tries of flattening layers around it.
eLu0w.jpg
BvnQr.jpg
PfgmY.jpg
kOUI2.jpg
Z6plT.jpg
n9fbi.jpg
So6nW.jpg
VbpOy.jpg
KU7Vi.jpg
vfoFu.jpg
GdkWy.jpg
  • Like 31

Another superb build Fuad of a unique aircraft, as always the painting and weathering is superb, it has real depth particularly around the control surfaces.

Rich

Gospodin Fuad,

absolutely brilliant work as usual!

Having seen the model you started from, you have worked wonders on your model!!!

Congratulations!

JR

Beautiful work, Fuad! I love to see these uncommon subjects, plus I have this same kit sitting in my stash. Now I know what needs to be done when building it!

Cheers,

Bill