Matchbox Siskin.

Hi Steve,

as several folks have mentioned above, the Matchbox biplanes were a far cry from their run of the mill WW2 and jet kits, as if they had been designed and manufactured by another company altogether... The biplanes had none of the clunckiness and trenches found on their other models.

And you have built a little wonder! Great show!!!

Now I am going to rummage in my stash where I know the P-12 and a few others are languishing... I may not build them just yet, but I can admire them for the great kits they are and give them a bit of fresh air!

Congrats Steve

JR

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

as several folks have mentioned above, the Matchbox biplanes were a far cry from their run of the mill WW2 and jet kits, as if they had been designed and manufactured by another company altogether... The biplanes had none of the clunckiness and trenches found on their other models.

And you have built a little wonder! Great show!!!

Now I am going to rummage in my stash where I know the P-12 and a few others are languishing... I may not build them just yet, but I can admire them for the great kits they are and give them a bit of fresh air!

Congrats Steve

JR

Thank,s Jean,the P12 was the first matchbox kit I built probably attracted by the colour scheme I,m tempted to get one they are about the £10

mark second hand.

Steve -

Superb, mate!

I've built this one recently as well. Great little kit, but I thought the plastic quite hard and brittle which may be due to age of kit. How did you find working with the plastic on this one?

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Steve -

Superb, mate!

I've built this one recently as well. Great little kit, but I thought the plastic quite hard and brittle which may be due to age of kit. How did you find working with the plastic on this one?

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,same issue very brittle plastic the main struts snapped on the sprue.

Very nice piece of work Steve. You've inspired me to get to grips with an old Matchbox Swordfish. Only hope I can get the rigging as good as yours.

Tony

I did one last year Tony and have two more to tackle one an original Matchbox issue here she is.

SDC14687%20600x450_zpsa27n5mm9.jpg

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234989292-stringbag-theory-172-revell-swordfish/

and WIP.As you can see i,ve managed on the Siskin to get a finer stretch sprue this time.

Edited by stevej60

I did one last year Tony and have two more to tackle one an original Matchbox issue here she is.

SDC14687%20600x450_zpsa27n5mm9.jpg

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234989292-stringbag-theory-172-revell-swordfish/

and WIP.As you can see i,ve managed on the Siskin to get a finer stretch sprue this time.

Great Stringbag Steve! Just started my one last night since eyeing up your SiskIn. Quite impressed by the clarity of the Matchbox moulding on some parts like the engine, for an old kit. I might risk some fine fishing line as an experiment when I get round to rigging.
  • Like 1

Thank,s Jean,the P12 was the first matchbox kit I built probably attracted by the colour scheme I,m tempted to get one they are about the £10

mark second hand.

Hi Steve,

I am thinking of doing my P-12 as a F4B-3 instead...

Re the price of models, i get a bit warped: as much as 10 Quid is a lot for a small handful of plastic, in the damn country I live in, a small Airfix kit will cost US$ 20.... And we are talking of the type of kits that were sold in a polythene bag when we were young!!! Disgraceful!

Great Siskin!

JR

• Like 1