Matchbox Siskin.

Hi all,another finished build this one for the made in Britain GB,IA great nostalgia trip as I built many Matchbox kits as a kid,I enhanced the cockpit a

little as can be seen in the WIP,the decals were awful due to age so the spares box got raided.Thanks for looking in.

DSCN0971%20640x480_zpsf9f47qws.jpg

DSCN0965%20640x480_zpsvc59pphz.jpg

DSCN0966%20640x480_zpshwi4vozd.jpg

DSCN0974%20640x480_zpsvfhkda3t.jpg

DSCN0964%20640x480_zpsxgotgmn7.jpg

DSCN0963%20640x480_zps0jnvnc1k.jpg

DSCN0973%20640x480_zps1l6jvi4v.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 46

Really nice build! Those Matchbox biplane kits really deserve to be picked up, as they (mostly) have none of the infamous MB trenches but are surprisingly delicate and, as shown here, can be made into superb showpieces.

Good modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Many thank,s folk,s I would love to see some of the Matchbox oldies(the better ones) get an outing especially the Sea Fox for a nostalgia trip have a

look here.http://www.matchboxkits.org/

Lovely little Matchbox retro. Last time I did one it cost 35p from Bobby Edwards Hardware in Horden.

I,ve been in there Darby,on hols at Crimdon Dene bought a Novo Sea Fury!

• Like 1

Many thank,s folk,s I would love to see some of the Matchbox oldies(the better ones) get an outing especially the Sea Fox for a nostalgia trip have a

look here.http://www.matchboxkits.org/

I,ve been in there Darby,on hols at Crimdon Dene bought a Novo Sea Fury!

I got one of those as well at a later date. My aunt and uncle used to have a static caravan at Crimdon

• Like 1

Another cracker Steve! Thos old Matchbox kits still stand out well, especially the biplanes. I'm sure I have one of these deep in the stash somewhere.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Again many thank,s folks,I was looking through the Matchbox site and had clean forgot about the Lysander now there,s a kit I would love to see

Revell re-box and the Boeing P-12,the Sea Fox I believe has had a re-release in Revells range.I have only half a dozen 1/72 kits left in the stash

so I,ll have to see what,s next I,m thinking Esci Fokker and Albatross as I have the lozenge decals but never tried this before but they are for their

age Beautiful little kit,s.

I built one I picked up for a quid last year

just as a break from 'superdetailitis'

Wish I'd made her a little bit more carefully :(

Yours looks really great :thumbsup:

(thinks..I still have their Hawker Fury in the stash...)

• Like 1