Hello everyone!

This is what I have recently finished. An absolutely oob new Airfix Nakajima B5N2. There is nothing really special about this built, it went together pretty well and generally was fun to build

IMG_20160310_075410%202.jpg

IMG_20160310_075259%202.jpg

IMG_20160310_075223%202.jpg

IMG_20160310_075136%202.jpg

IMG_20160308_135705%202.jpg

IMG_20160308_092546%202.jpg

• Like 42

That's a great looking Kate which could easily pass as 1/48th. The weathering on the paintwork is excellent. It's amazing how tatty Japanese aircraft got during the War. I'm seriously thinking of adding one of these to Stash Mountain even though it's not my usual area of interest. Not sure it will turn out this good though.

Very nice Kate with good weathering would like one of these in 1/32nd scale.

Guy

That's a great looking Kate which could easily pass as 1/48th. The weathering on the paintwork is excellent. It's amazing how tatty Japanese aircraft got during the War. I'm seriously thinking of adding one of these to Stash Mountain even though it's not my usual area of interest. Not sure it will turn out this good though.

Late-war Japanese aircraft could have very tatty finishes, when supplies ran low and primers were often omitted. Not those earlier on, which used high quality paints with proper preparation.

There is nothing special in terms of weathering. I first "filtered" it with heavily diluted oil, some shade of brown. Then "oil dots" and them pin wash. I also did some minor strikes and added a bit of pastels on the walksbon the wings and the wheels