Airfix Roland CII

Hello All,

Just a couple of pictures of the Airfix Roland CII, which I realise I haven't put up here. It checks out well against the old Harborough plans, although I now think those plans are not as accurate as the modern ones. Still, that meant I could do some interior detailing:

Airfix_Roland_CII_Interior_Construction_

Airfix_Roland_CII_Interior_Painted_1_zps

And I finished it as an early version with a Lewis gun and flying fish anenometer, in a scheme taken from the Wingnuts site:

Airfix_Roland_CII_Finished_Grass_1_zps4a

Airfix_Roland_CII_Finished_Grass_3_zpsea

It's a nice little kit and I had fun building it. Unlike most Airfix biplanes of that era, the struttery and wing alignment is very simple - you don't have to get a dozen plastic sticks to point in the same direction!

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

Edited by AdrianMF
  • Like 25

Nice! I always like someone takes some old kit and make it shine! Esp when its airfix ww1 subject. I hope you, Adrian, have got no less fun than i had working on my Airfix Albatross :)

• Like 1

That looks great. I have one approaching the summit of Stash Mountain so seeing what you've achieved is very encouraging, although I doubt mine will look this good.

• Like 1

I would never have believed this was the ancient Airfix Roland kit - amazing detailing up work resulting in a superb model - well done!

Regards

Dave

• Like 1