Italeri 1:72 Agusta A129 Mongoose

This was one of the projects that I wanted to use to re-jumpstart my modelling mojo in mid-2015, though it wasn't until early 2016 that I actually got it done. It was good for easy modelling; I didn't really know a thing about the type itself but just wanted to do an attack helicopter. Sometimes not knowing much about your subject can be very liberating!

The Italeri kit went together well, though the decals were a little thick and cloudy. Bombing them with MicroSol helped. As usual my fist of thumbs managed to break off a couple of protuberances (some more than once) but it didn't come out too badly in the end. I haven't built a lot of helicopters, but I might pull out an AH-64 or Eurocopter Tiger to sit next to this one. The model shows the earlier variant, with 4 blade rotor and no front gun. This was the evaluation helicopter used by the Italian Air Force CAE, based at Viterbo in 1998.

This is completed aircraft #447 (#11 for the year), finished in March of 2016.

DSC_0593_zpszvhfw115.jpg

DSC_0595_zpsdg2hjxyx.jpg

DSC_0594_zpsfnn70coe.jpg

• Like 8

Ha! I did exactly what you did. I made it to relax from some complicated models and managed to break off various bits but landed up pleased with the result.