Hi Andy, lovely job. I am in the middle of doing a Mk11 in Batus scheme, i am struggling to match the colours for the cam which look pretty spot on. What have you used for the green and sand colour?

On all the references i have seen it BATUS green appears greener than BAOR green which is not produced commercially as far as i am aware, maybe the with the profusion of Chiefys hitting the market someone may produce it. It wasn't really green and i splashed a shedload in my time.

14%20SR%20Gennies_zpsycn3zyos.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks everyone

Hi Andy, lovely job. I am in the middle of doing a Mk11 in Batus scheme, i am struggling to match the colours for the cam which look pretty spot on. What have you used for the green and sand colour?

On all the references i have seen it BATUS green appears greener than BAOR green which is not produced commercially as far as i am aware, maybe the with the profusion of Chiefys hitting the market someone may produce it. It wasn't really green and i splashed a shedload in my time.

Thanks Wogga. I used the colours recommended in the paint guide which were AMMO 061 Warm Sand Yellow and AMMO 084 NATO Green. It's hard to say how accurate they are as the colour in ref shots can vary from one photo to the next. I also added a filter with AMMO US modern Vehicle Wash, which helped tone down the contrast in the camo. There's a wip for the painting here

Andy

Once again you do not disappoint us with your stunning work.

A benchmark to get ones own build to such a standard in build, paintwork, weathering and photography.

Other than that its ok

Cheers

K

• Like 1

Cheers Andy thanks for that, i shall persevere with the Ammo your first picture once cammed up doesn't look too dissimilar to where i am now.

I shall try this filter malarky.

Stunning result though Andy.

• Like 1

Andy I should have said in my earlier post how great a model that is, and its certainly made me want one but done in BAOR colours

As for the green in the BATUS scheme, I can't remember exactly how it looks or whether it was standard IR green (last time I was in BATUS was in '83!), but I would suspect that it's the contrast with the sand colour that lightens the green and I would bet someone else's mortgage that it is standard IR green.

As a matter of interest, the first time I went to BATUS in '76 (with A Sqn 13/18H), I ended up driving the squadron LAD section's sections wheeled vehicle, which was a bog standard Deuce and a Half, but in BATUS colours with call sign 18B

• Like 1

Andy,

Can't really say anything that's not already been said, so I'll keep

it short mate.

" Simply Brilliant "

(It's actually better than that but don't tell Andy, he might grow a big head !)

Dan

• Like 1

Thanks guys

As for the green in the BATUS scheme, I can't remember exactly how it looks or whether it was standard IR green (last time I was in BATUS was in '83!), but I would suspect that it's the contrast with the sand colour that lightens the green and I would bet someone else's mortgage that it is standard IR green.

I'm sure you're right Graeme. I can't imagine they'd bother having a different green just for BATUS. As you say, it's going to look lighter next to the sand than it would against black.

Andy,

Can't really say anything that's not already been said, so I'll keep
it short mate.

" Simply Brilliant "

(It's actually better than that but don't tell Andy, he might grow a big head !)

Dan

Thanks Dan, you're making me blush :blush:

Andy

Cracking job love the scheme, those mats do look good my local model shop is selling them.

Guy

• Like 1

stunning... dare I ask how you did the base???

Thanks Rob. The base was a sheet of plasterboard set into a photo frame. The grass mat was stuck to it, but I cut some strips out of it first, to make the ruts. Those were filled with Vallejo texture paste, with a bit of dry soil sprinkled over the paste while it was still wet

Cracking job love the scheme, those mats do look good my local model shop is selling them.

Guy

Thanks Guy. The mats are great but, if you can find them, get the original Model Scene ones. They're the same as the AMMO ones (Model Scene produce them for AMMO) but they're twice as big for about the same price

You can get them from here

Andy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...