Trumpeter little 1/72 Jagdpanther "late".

Good morning, mates!

After finishing my AT-ST project I decided to keep myself out of my "confort zone" by starting, again, something completely new to me: TANKS!

This is my return to the 1/72 scale after many years of doing nothing at all or, recently, 1/32 and 1/48 in other kind of subjects.

Have in mind that this is my first ever AFV project (I used to build only planes and helos!) so any help will be apreciated :)

The kit its quite nice and detail is not bad.

DSCN0163_zpsewqr4di1.jpg

The first I did is to shut all the BIG holes the vehicle has on its sides. They're intended for equipment pieces conectors but they're way too large for my taste. It looks like an allied tank killer found it out before I opened the box :D

DSCN0165_zpsxaahxpgd.jpg

DSCN0171_zpsptbfapcx.jpg

This thing has more wheels than my whole stack of undo aircraft. Well, almost :D So I decided to classify them to maintain a clue of where is going each one

DSCN0168_zpsz06bt1om.jpg

Decided to replace some of the surface detail with resin copies I did as they lack detail on their sides... Just if they were designed to see the vehicle only from top view... Moulds limits, I suppose.

DSCN0178_zpsesxgpjbg.jpg

I also scratchbuilt some items than did not look very realistic...

DSCN0180_zpsoovqi4du.jpg

I bought a nice alu gun barrel

DSCN0181_zps9divuh8s.jpg

Although later I decided to modify it because some incorrect "features" like that raised "ring", etc. Added raised numbers and a bit of texture to the mantlet with Gunze Surfacer

27571980FF3556D75B573456D75B56.jpg

As I dont llike a lot PE, I aded grilles from imaginative sources :D

DSCN0208_zps32i7wmbe.jpg

A couple of pics showing the rear of the tank additions and modifications

DSCN0217_zpsgknsua57.jpg

DSCN0218_zpsnwy55ccy.jpg

I was a bit afraid of my recently purchased OKB Grigorov resin tracks... Remember I never built an AFV before :D But, finally, It wasn't a pain at all... Still needs to be conformed a little more but I think they look WAY better than the kit ones...

dscn0221.jpg

dscn0222.jpg

And thats all by now. Hope you like and thanks for comment :)

Edited by JuanjoDominguez
  • Like 9

Very nice indeed with the corrections and improvements in detail. You must have a nice tool shed full of ....er.... tools. Looking forward to seeing it painted! (The model, not the shed)

I sense a certain amount of OCD when it came to 'grading' the wheels. I find it quite easy to remember where they go. The two spikey ones tend to go at the front, the big round ones along the bottom and the two smaller smooth ones at the back...... :popcorn: .

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1