This is my Eagle Transporter built from the Round 2 kit.

I am a big Gerry Anderson fan, and though Space 1999 wasn't amongst my favourite of his productions, I have always liked the Eagle.

The kit is virtually OOB.

I added an LED to illuminate the cockpit, the power pack is in the passenger pod.

I cut a small hole in the floor to access the on/off switch and the batteries can be changed as the pod was made removable as was the roof, thanks to the use of magnets.

Tamiya matt white was used, and this was toned down with a very thin wash of Tamiya's Smoke.

The panelling was done with paint, decals, and pencil lines.

It has been mentioned that the sprung undercarriage makes the Eagle sit too high, so in an attempt to rectify this I cut a turn and a half from each of the springs.

All the engine bells were painted with Alclad paints.

100_5843.jpg

free picture upload

100_5844.jpg

posted image

100_5845.jpg

screenshot program

100_5846.jpg

image hosting free no registration

100_5850.jpg

upload image free

100_5851.jpg

free upload image

100_5847.jpg

image hosting free

100_5848.jpg

photo host

100_5849.jpg

image hosting free no registration

100_5852.jpg

pic host

100_5853.jpg

image upload with preview

100_5854.jpg

upload image online

100_5855.jpg

uploading images

100_5857.jpg

screen shots

100_5858.jpg

image post

100_5859.jpg

forum image hosting

100_5860.jpg

upload images free

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 23

superb work - I cant wait to see these new kits built up around the UK shows as the year progresses.

Tip Top

Now who's got the money and space to make a fleet of these or a Moonbase Alpha hangar / Launchpad diorama using these new big brutes.....

• Like 1

Thanks guys! :)

So glad you like her :)

She is a big un! I was thinking of building a launch pad to display her on, but that would just be way too big! :hypnotised:

Great stuff!

Launch pad? Have you got space for something about 6 foot in diameter? :)

Exactly! It seemed like a good idea until I worked out the size of the thing! :hypnotised:

superb work - Now who's got the money and space to make a fleet of these or a Moonbase Alpha hangar / Launchpad diorama using these new big brutes.....

That's the easy part,the problem would be trying to explain what the planning application was for and exactly why you needed a small sized hanger for an extention!....

Edited by Vince1159

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys, I'm really glad you all like her :)

That is so nice, really takes me back to me youth.

Is this the one that was on display at Modelkraft?

Yes it's the one! :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Very nicely done! Seems a bit busy for studio model appearance. But I think it looks great, especially with the added markings on sections inside the spine. I also like how the gray panels look on the fuel tanks in the back.

• Like 1

This is the original studio model of Eagle 1 that the kit is based on, taken at the Smallsapce show last weekend

DSC_5864.JPG

and Eagle 2, another studio model

DSC_5862.JPG

The chap sitting behidn it is Brian Johnson, who designed the Eagle

DSC_5863.JPG

and I got him to autography my box that I use to transport my finsihed Eagle to shows

DSC_5944_001.JPG

DSC_5945_001.JPG

• Like 4

Nice. You don't often see Eagle 2 in the flesh these days. My next Eagle will likely be Eagle 3 based, but I plan to give it the Eagle 2 Series 1 pod, mainly because when Cellini steals the Eagle in "Dragon's Domain" it is the Eagle 1 studio model taking off around the Eagle 2 pod.

It is great to see the originals!

I am surprised you were allowed to photograph it.

The last time I saw an original Eagle, along with the large UFO interceptor, photographs were not allowed due to copyright reasons :(

Still, its always a treat to see the "real thing" :)

Thanks for sharing.

Copyright reasons? What a ridiculous excuse! I've seen Eagle 1 numerous times and taken loads of photos and so have lots of others.

Whoever told you that is being obstreperous and selfish - they will not be the copyright owners, even if they own the model. Copyright resides with ITV and they've not shown any efforts to prevent taking a picture of the models.

In fact taking a photo of a model will not be a breach of copyright in any sensible reading of copyright laws. Its trying to use that photo to make money for yourself when you are in breach of copyright laws.

• Like 1