Cold War Shield, Vol. 3 update

Brian J

Has anyone heard about the status of Volume 3 of Cold War Shield by Rodger Lindsay? I have the first two volumes and consider them to be absolutely top notch. I realize that the high level of research that goes into a publication of this caliber takes time but I'm not getting any younger and I don't know if anyone will take the time to read it to me when I spend my last years in rest home!

Last time I corresponded with Roger he was aiming at 2016 publication. If you want something to read his site has got some extra copies of the RAF Germany Hunter book, a very good investment IMHO.

I doubt that anything will be released until Roger is completely happy, which is, of course, as it should be.

• 1 year later...

I’ve been in touch with Roger, and looks like Volume 3 is a matter of just a very few months away. 

SD

Edited by Swamp Donkey
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Excellent news... Shame it will all come to an end, however it’ll be great to have all three completed volumes sitting together in my personal aero library.

With the timely release of the new Airfix Hunter, Vol 3 should prove to be a popular buy. 

Best let the missus know I’ve worked out what this years birthday present will be! 

Cheers.. Dave

• 1 month later...

On 3/6/2018 at 11:43 PM, Swamp Donkey said:

I’ve been in touch with Roger, and looks like Volume 3 is a matter of just a very few months away. 

SD

This is VERY exciting!

• 2 months later...

Looked on the "Cold War Shield" website today and it says it is now ready and available. Price £75 including P & P.  Good news.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rafdec said:

Looked on the "Cold War Shield" website today and it says it is now ready and available. Price £75 including P & P.  Good news.

Many thanks RAFdec, 

I've sent Roger an email to reserve a copy and will now need to delve into the kids inheritance to pay for postage to Australia. 

I've just celebrated a birthday, however we celebrate Father's day in September so that may need to be the 'purchase' excuse I use!!

Cheers.. Dave  

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Just a heads up for any guys who missed out on RAF Fighter Squadrons 1950 - 1960, Vampire, Venom, & Sabre Squadrons: Volume 2, one has appeared on Ebay, starting price a bit lower than £60...……….much lower, if your interested take a look...……………………..I myself am looking for Volume 1 which dried up years ago, but keep my eyes open where ever I can, hence how I spotted this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Cold-War-Shield-RAF-Fighter-Squadrons-1950-1960-Vampire-Venom-Sabre-Squadrons-Volume-2-by-Roger/213085130