The Stuka from North Africa-1/72 Airfix Ju-87B-2

I agree with all the other comments, that is a very nicely finished Stuka. I do like the 'simple' desert scheme as it allows the builder to do exactly what you have done with your weathering.

Does the Airfix kit come with the B2 exhausts or did you add them from another source?

Duncan B

• Like 1

Absolutely beautiful model! Congrats!!!

When you say B-2, don't you mean B-1? Very minor detail, but both exhausts and one piece radiator flap scream B-1...

Or do I stand to be corrected?

Great model!

JR

• Like 2

I agree with all the other comments, that is a very nicely finished Stuka. I do like the 'simple' desert scheme as it allows the builder to do exactly what you have done with your weathering.

Does the Airfix kit come with the B2 exhausts or did you add them from another source?

Duncan B

That exhaust came in the kit. Though my research didn't specify a difference in the B-1 and B-2. Either way, that stack stays 😉

Guess that is a B-1 stack. Oh well. This is the first -87 I've ever built, so I'm no expert. My story is that they fitted the only engine they had on hand during repair 😉

• Like 3

Guess that is a B-1 stack. Oh well. This is the first -87 I've ever built, so I'm no expert. My story is that they fitted the only engine they had on hand during repair

Maybe the exhausts were interchangeable as I have seen photos of Ju87s with the B2 style exhausts annotated as B1s, not sure about the other way round? Anyhow I like your story and the model looks fantastic regardless.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Maybe the exhausts were interchangeable as I have seen photos of Ju87s with the B2 style exhausts annotated as B1s, not sure about the other way round? Anyhow I like your story and the model looks fantastic regardless.

Duncan B

Right? It's a crapshoot, that's why there's plausible deniability 👍🏼
  • Like 1

Great job on this model!

Can I ask, what did you used for the aerial wire to reach the perfect thin diameter?

Roland

Uschi Va De Rosen thread. He makes it in different diameters, and this is 1/72 superfine. It's a Lycra thread, so it stretches.
  • Like 1

Uschi Va De Rosen thread. He makes it in different diameters, and this is 1/72 superfine. It's a Lycra thread, so it stretches.

Thank you! I'll try to source it for sure as the diameter looks perfect for this scale.

• Like 1