A Brengun BV-40

Hi there, I thought I would share my latest with you all.

It’s.....Brengun's 1/72 BV-40.

Construction is simple. A few plastic parts with lots of PE. The plastic part of the kit builds quite well, but all that PE....that took a few evenings. The clear part is quite thick, but clear.

Painted in RLM 83 over RLM 76 using WEM paints. Then gloss coated using Revell gloss in preparation for the decals.

The kit decals were used, and behaved well with MicroSol and Set. They were sealed with Revell gloss.

I’m not very good at weathering, but as this is a glider, and photos show it to be quite dirty, it needed something, so I gave it a wash with CMK pigments thinned with water and washing up liquid. Then sealed it with Revell Matt.

BV-40_01.jpg

BV-40_02.jpg

BV-40_03.jpg

BV-40_04.jpg

BV-40_05.jpg

BV-40_06.jpg

BV-40_07.jpg

BV-40_08.jpg

Go-9%20and%20BV-40%20with%20P-40.jpg

Here it is together with the Goppingen Go-9 and Airfix 1/72 P-40B.

Hope you enjoy the photo's.

Any comments, positive or constructive are welcome.

David.

• Like 8

Great looking little monster of a glider! That must have been one scary glider to fly, with such short wings and fantastic visibility through the huge canopy...

But as a model I like it.

Well done

JR

That must have been one scary glider to fly, with such short wings and fantastic visibility through the huge canopy...

Not only thatm but the pilot had to lie down to fly the plane. Talk about getting a stiff neck.....

Great looking little monster of a glider! That must have been one scary glider to fly, with such short wings and fantastic visibility through the huge canopy...

But as a model I like it.

Well done

JR

Not only thatm but the pilot had to lie down to fly the plane. Talk about getting a stiff neck.....

AND fly into a formation of B17's & B24's firing a couple of 30mm cannon. Just watched an Aerocinema Doco which spoke about the BV 40 and apparently only 6 were built and were to be towed up with Bf 109's until above the bomber formations where they would release and dive down through the formations then 'glide' back to the airfield. It says that the Me163 was thought to be a better solution so it went no further.

Shane