METAL CASTING WORK

krow113

Hi Steve, it happens all over, I gave up entering after I was asked to judge at a figure section of a show.

The best of show was tied & was too be decided by a coin toss until I suggested we discussed each model's merits as we seen them & made another vote to see if anybody change their mind which then happened!!! Go figure....

Anyway, it,s a top drawer model & I love it!! :worthy:

Mark D ;)

• Like 1

Thanks Mark , I'm not to worried about it , as you say it happens. The trophy was a good thing, sponsered by RB Motion  there is a ton of his stuff on the model.

On to the next project which will not need any casting or scratchwork!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Better results this weekend:

IMG_1078_zpsd3hpbcic.jpg

I am happy with the wheels. I think they will be good for the long run , plastic and resin are not the proper materials to fabricate spoked wheels from, the inherent tension , basic fact of spoked wheel construction , negates the chance of finishing and most likely limits the life of the finished wheel.

Next up will be castings for the Norton kit and some for the Revell L.A. Street Chopper. These will be a little easier to make.

I also picked this up over the weekend. A re-issue but with the same useless chain, and 1/2' diameter spokes:

IMG_1079_zpsrzhvpdvs.jpg

A little more difficult wheels to make but the rims are identical making for one mold , the hubs look to be a little problematic, but now I have a proven , easy and lasting method the work will be easier.

Edited by krow113
  • Like 2