Spitfire Mk.IIA Tamiya 1/48.

Another Spitfire in my collection, this time Mk.IIA from 308th RAF Polish Squadron, Northolt, July 1941. I used Tamiya kit with small Eduard interior PE, resin propeller, QB exhausts and all markings are done with P-Mask.

IMG_5013_zpsjod3amvp.jpg

IMG_5016_zpsjpez74bk.jpg

IMG_5021_zpsupo44mj1.jpg

IMG_5020_zpszxdptld0.jpg

IMG_5018_zpsrckgzvfg.jpg

IMG_5017_zpscwyeozow.jpg

IMG_5022_zpsgrbkskmu.jpg

IMG_5024_zpskfnfwtls.jpg

IMG_5026_zpspgq0oaw0.jpg

IMG_5014_zpsq6ijb2qe.jpg

• Like 35

It is a beauty, indeed, and no red crowbar! However, I read somewhere that you never saw Spitfires with bot the IFF antennas and the radio antenna from the mast together. How about this?

It is a beauty, indeed, and no red crowbar! However, I read somewhere that you never saw Spitfires with bot the IFF antennas and the radio antenna from the mast together. How about this?

You probably read it here: http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/spitfire-masts-and-aerials.html/2

Gospel on Spitfire antennas and aerials…

Kind regards,

Joachim

This is an impressively skilful example of when, in my personal view, weathering takes over to the point where even the camouflage becomes almost invisible. ;-)

In other words, I truly admire the skills and modelling experience it has taken to produce the effect, but I don't think it looks realistic with all that obvious pre- and post shading, especially the checkered pattern on the wings. Others will certainly disagree.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

There was no crowbar of any colour on a Mk II. In mid 1941 VHF radios were fitted which had no wire running from the mast to tail.

IMG_zpsmrhfpmwn.jpg

Another superb exercise in model making Arkady,peoples opinions of the paint and weathering will differ but there's no doubting the quality of

the work on show.

• Like 2

Hi Arkady,

That is another stunning model. But for my taste the weathering is a little bit heavy on the wings. The fuselage Looks perfect. But thats my opinion and I am not the last instance. The Main Point is that you like it. Otherwise , perfect pics as usual.

:cowboy:

Andy

• 1 month later...

This is an impressively skilful example of when, in my personal view, weathering takes over to the point where even the camouflage becomes almost invisible. ;-)

In other words, I truly admire the skills and modelling experience it has taken to produce the effect, but I don't think it looks realistic with all that obvious pre- and post shading, especially the checkered pattern on the wings. Others will certainly disagree.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Yes Arkady I have to agree with Spitfire31 on this one. Not a fan of pre shading, instead I like washes for weathering

A very skillfully applied paintjob indeed, however, it looks like it's served in the desert. Would the paintwork really fade so patchy like that?! Not a criticism of the craftsmanship, just the realism.