Hello folks,

Over on Modellers Alliance there's a 'Micro Modelling Month' GB happening, as the subject of my project is just about as British as I am, thought folks here may be interested. Enough talk, here's some photo's.

1hr%201_zpsilnczsvb.jpg

1hr%202_zpsj3lcr8it.jpg

1hr%2015mins%201_zpsjyogfagm.jpg

2hrs%201_zps2z4pfogs.jpg

At this point the kit had spent just two hours total on the bench, including fitting the resin recce nose from FAA Models. Just a smear of filler needed on the underside of wing-tip and a little on the nose join. More in a moment, hang-on...

Ian.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

Yesterday morning, before work I shot a coat of Tamiya flat black acrylic as a primer. Then last night I sealed it in with a coat of Johnsons Klear applied with a 'hairy stick'.

3hrs%2030mins%201_zpsl6jezufo.jpg

This morning, again before starting work, I was able to apply two medium coats of good old Xtracolour Light Aircraft Grey enamel (X15), as this is written my Hunter is sitting in the man-cave in the sunshine. Hopefully tomorrow it will have dried enough to get one of the camouflage colours on the top-side.

3hrs%2030mins%202_zpsiet6rvha.jpg

3hrs%2030mins%203_zpsdgkbc2ro.jpg

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, happy to answer any questions and criticism. More tomorrow (or Monday).

Ian.

• Like 7

Just a quick update without pics:- Sprayed the Dark Green (Xtracolour X1) twenty-five mins ago, and that's now sitting on a window-ledge drying in the sunshine.

Won't be able to do any more over the weekend as it's going to be another warm & sunny one and that means busy family time. Hopefully, work permitting, I can get back on to it on Monday. Have a good weekend all, see ya next week.

Ian.

After a little 'creative time-management' I managed to secure just over an hour at the bench at lunchtime, so....

4hrs%2040mins%201_zpsa3gs3m3d.jpg

4hrs%2040mins%202_zps4dugbbqo.jpg

4hrs%2040mins%203_zpscq21sisp.jpg

4hrs%2040mins%204_zpsv6yiyujs.jpg

Have to say I'm quite pleased with it so far. Next, stickers !!

Ian.

• Like 3

OK, back to the bench with this one:

Decals (Xtradecal) went on without a fuss, as did all the kit stencils. RoG really have got the knack of printing very good small decals that at least in my recent experience don't silver at all. After the 'stickers' were applied, I sealed them in with another coat of (brush applies) Johnsons Klear.

After a day, I assaulted the poor wee thing with Flory/Pro-Modeller 'Dark Dirt':

6hrs%2050mins%201_zpsjqrbavnu.jpg

6hrs%2050%20mins%202_zpsxsy0lepe.jpg

I gave it an hour to dry, then wiped it clear with a piece of slightly dampened old T-Shirt:

7hrs%2020mins_zpstkzkxzr3.jpg

In these photos I've anchored the main gear doors in to place with Blu-Tack, obviously this was required to place those awkward underwing RAF codes.

More in a minute.

Ian.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

...and here is how it looks now. On it's legs and final varnish coat on (Humbrol Gloss mixed 50/50 with Humbrol Satin Cote, then cut with distilled white spirit):

8hrs%2030mins%201_zpsykkyjz2c.jpg

8hrs%2030mins%202_zps4jzmac8k.jpg

8hrs%2030mins%203_zps6ayweudj.jpg

With a little luck, I can get it over the 'piano keys' tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

• Like 5

Yeah, unfortunately it will have to sit patiently in the holding pattern until Monday - Frau has taken the day off, so we'll be continuing to build the fence on the west side of the section then after lunch, the 'little storm-troopers' are competing in the school triathlon, so we'll be over the road cheering them along.

Thanks for all the great comments along the way folks, always appreciated, never taken for granted.

AFN, have a great weekend.

Ian.