Italeri Do 217 N-1 (1/72)

Hi All,

This is my rendition of Italeri's Do 217 N-1 to go with my current build theme of Nachtjagers. I completed it late last year but only just now managed to find time to take some pictures.

She is built OOB and in the markings supplied. It is an old kit with raised panel lines but I enjoyed the build. I must say I was never a fan of the Dorniers, always felt they looked too clunky but after building this kit the shape has really grown on me.

She is finished in Italeri Acrylics and kit decals with after market swastikas.

Hope that you enjoy.

IMG_0699_zpsflltgmzd.jpg

IMG_0697_zpsmp1ekbjs.jpg

IMG_0702_zpsjfnxte2k.jpg

IMG_0701_zpsauyoq8p2.jpg

IMG_0700_zpstmzncvjm.jpg

IMG_0696_zpsytnltwv8.jpg

IMG_0695_zps6gpyikpq.jpg

IMG_0703_zpsm85impuj.jpg

IMG_0705_zpsdbwsv0dz.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Shane

• Like 18

Lovely clean build, still seems a bit weird, a big bomber pretending to be a fighter chasing other big bombers !

You can't imagine a Wellington doing this can you ?

Really lovely job, do you mind if I ask if the stand comes with the kit ?

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Nice Dornier, those German mottled schemes always scare the hell out of me.

Yeah and this was a simple one!?! Stuffed it up in a couple of places as I used a bit much flow improver and it should have extended to below the wings on the fuse and nacelles.

Lovely clean build, still seems a bit weird, a big bomber pretending to be a fighter chasing other big bombers !

You can't imagine a Wellington doing this can you ?

Really lovely job, do you mind if I ask if the stand comes with the kit ?

Cheers Pat

Thanks Pat and when you consider that these still had the bombing capability meaning that not only did they have to carry the radar and not too inconsiderable armament but also the heavy bomb door opening and closing mechanism it's a wonder that they could catch up to even the slowest bomber let alone bring it down! Perhaps we should be thankful for that.

The stand is actually from the Italeri BR-20.

Thanks for looking.

Shane

Nice one Shane, thanks for such a quick reply, have you built the BR20, I have one in the stash but that camouflage !

I read somewhere the bomb bay was used to hold extra fuel tanks to keep them up for longer, must have been fun getting it off the ground and in the dark !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Hey I'm at work so not much else to do :winkgrin:

Yeah I built the BR 20 a while ago in the Battle of Britain colours and you are right, I think I went cross-eyed doing the camo but it's a real nice little kit and well worth building

IMG_1168_zps2b872f3f.jpg

Shane

• Like 1