Trumpeter King Tiger 1.16 scale

Hi all,

I'm a newbee to this forum.

I'm hoping someone can answer a query I have regarding the Trumpeter King Tiger 2 in 1. 1.16 scale. The info states this kit is 50.5cm long when complete. But the king Tiger's actual length was 10.28Mtr with gun forward or 7.26Mtr not including gun, therefore if you do the maths a 1.16 scale would make the length of the kit to be 64.25cm with gun or 45.37cm without, this scaling applies to the width as well. It seems this kit is not 1.16, more like 1.20 scale. Is this right or am I missing something.

Is anybody working on this kit, if so are the measurements correct to those printed on the box?

Ivor

• 1 month later...

I Ivor, I could answer partially to your question: I have the Tamiya King Tiger initial Porsche turret at 1/16 scale.

It could give you an idea...

The problem is that I'm far from home for business for 2 weeks... So you need to be patient... 😁

Cheers

Edited by Greif

Mine is is roughly 65cm from tip of the muzzle to the tip of the exhaust, with the turret facing forward. The 50.5cm length quoted by Trumpeter is wrong. Not sure where they got that from but the kit is certainly 1/16

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...