1/72 Tamiya Mk.Vb Supermarine Spitfire - Spitfire Collection Expansion Project - Finished and in the Gallery - 16/05/16

Wonderful gallery pics as usual Stix, and great to see it next to its big brother.

Wait a minute, now you got me confused! :frantic: You anglo-saxon kind of guys always refer to aircrafts as being of feminine gender. Now Cookie talks about a 'big brother'??? :confused:

Poor, confused Italian guy needs an explanation ...

:D

Ciao

• Like 2

Well done Stix, thats a wonderful Spitfire to add to your growing collection. I like the comparison with the 1/48 Spit. Which mark are you going to do next? Cheers Greg :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi Stix,

Congrats on another superbly finished build! And the photographs are impressive, as always!

Cheers

Jaime

Hi Jaime and thank you

Spot on! Impressive! :mike:

Ciao

Thank you Giemme!! :thumbsup:

Very nice Stix, both the model and the photos. Good job :)

Thank you very much Ced.

Wonderful gallery pics as usual Stix, and great to see it next to its big brother.

Thank you very much too Cookie!

Wait a minute, now you got me confused! :frantic: You anglo-saxon kind of guys always refer to aircrafts as being of feminine gender. Now Cookie talks about a 'big brother'??? :confused:

Poor, confused Italian guy needs an explanation ...

:D

Ciao

:rofl::rofl: ......that's a fair point. I have no idea. Perhaps Cookie should have said 'next to its big sister' ...........but that doesn't sound right somehow! Oh well.

Well done Stix, thats a wonderful Spitfire to add to your growing collection. I like the comparison with the 1/48 Spit. Which mark are you going to do next? Cheers Greg :thumbsup:

Thank you Greg. I was originally planning to make Airfix's 1/48 Mk.XII for this GB but had too many other GBs on the go. I've got a couple of 1/48 Revell/Hasegawa Mk.IXs (courtesy of Stevej60) and an Airfix 1/72 Mk.22 in the stash. Not sure which I will do next. I am thinking that, at some point when I haven't got to many GB builds on the go, I might have a go at a dual Hurricane build similar to my dual Spitfire builds........time will tell.

Thank you all for taking the time to comment.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful!! The pictures always look so good with the major contribution being such fine builds!! :worthy::worthy:

Hi Nigel and thank you.....you are too kind!

This is a fantastic model, I like it a lot. Not only it's very realistic, but to me it conveys the appearance of what a "classic" ETO Mk.V looks like, really well done.

Thank you very much Giorgio. You are very kind.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been playing catch-up with various threads after missing a few weeks of forum action and have to say your little Mk. V is looking great Stix. Well done.

• Like 1