Australianise your 1/32 Kingfisher

Ed Russell

A small decal sheet, locally printed, to let you have any one of 4 schemes, all very different, for your 1/32 Kitty Hawk Kingfisher.

25342967501_9f0cca2b0f_b.jpg

Do not be alarmed by the apparent "reversed" appearance of the decals or the apparent pale colours. These are done with an interesting technique where the colours are printed in the reverse order to normal screen print decals, with the whites last, followed by the glue.

So instead of "sliding" the decal on, you "slap" it on! There is no problem with moving it around.

We have extensively trialled these decals and we reckon they are foolproof. They are thin, tough and nicely colour saturated. The carrier film is transparent.

Because of the variety of colours on Kingfishers we provide a set of 'whites' which have the dual purpose of ensuring opacity and providing a precise guide of where to put the colour decal. They are on a single carrier sheet so need to be cut around closely.

There are complete instructions included with the decal sheet.

No they are neither screen printed or ALPS printed. They are done with a direct deposition printer. The quality is far better than Alps printing and better than many screen printed decals I have seen. "Screen Printing" as a claim does not guarantee a decent decal.

Interesting. Produced by the same mob who do the RAAF Orions? A pain to have to cut them out though. I can never do it neatly or close enough.

I have trialed the P-3 decals and will be using them on a current P-3B build. Have not had any cutting out of applying issues with them at all Tony. The film on these is very thin and 'melts' onto the model with a clear coat.

We have extensively trialled these decals and we reckon they are foolproof. They are thin, tough and nicely colour saturated. The carrier film is transparent.

What more can I say?

If you think you will have problems with them wait for an expert modeller's review and how-to-do-it guide or use the kit decals.