Are there any modern Upholder class model kits?

aerofan

Modern or WW2?

Modern - no, there is a company called resin shipyard that have a 1/350 (resin) one announced for a long time, but nothing launched. OKB Grigorov have a 1/700 resin kit.

WW2 - Mirage do a few different Injection versions of the WW2 U-class submarine in 1/400 scale.

Kit-bashing - more a case of starting from scratch.

Andrew

Modern or WW2?

Modern - no, there is a company called resin shipyard that have a 1/350 (resin) one announced for a long time, but nothing launched. OKB Grigorov have a 1/700 resin kit.

WW2 - Mirage do a few different Injection versions of the WW2 U-class submarine in 1/400 scale.

Kit-bashing - more a case of starting from scratch.

Andrew

Sorry Andrew but I thought being in the modern section would be correct but I have modified the original post to clarify that I'm look at the modern tear drop hull Upholder class.

I thought that kit bashing would be the case. Hopefully someone would have any thoughts as to what injection sub kits available would be good candidates to kit bash.

To be honest Aerofan your looking at a total scratch build here, i have built the 1/700 OKB one see photo and its a lot smaller than a trafalgar class.

DSC_2573_zpssxyujmde.jpg

DSC_2664_zpsnvofiyuv.jpg

Trafalgar bottom left, then upholder, (these are all the post war RN submarines available in 1/700, OKB have just released a Dreadnought this week, which just leaves the explorer and swiftsure class)

All the best Chris

I would like to see a kit of a modern Upholder. Living where it was built, any kit of something built here is always welcome.

When I moved into the house I now live in, there were parts of the shipyard at virtually all compass points so I could say I live in the middle of a shipyard.

HMCS Chicoutimi (formerly Upholder) undergoing degaussing.

chicoutimi-deguass-reduced.jpg