1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-1/E-3 "Over Spain" (Eduard plastic) by AK Interactive - released

Homebee

Big whoop, the Bf109/He51 boxing just released already has Condor Legion schemes in it.

Indeed!

Even Hasegawa is going to release the same combo in 1/72.

I suppose AK's kit comes from Ed, but do they bring something to add to the package? Paint?

• Like 1

I think the box reads OVER Spain...

"Ober Spain" has no meaning in any language, to my limited knowledge at least.

Jorge.

Should be "Uber" I think !.

Madcop :winkgrin:

• 2 weeks later...

So apart from the Gothic print we get an Eduard Bf109 with someone else's decals. Like Antoine I'm wondering what this is offering me that I can't get from the Eduard kit, I doubt it's substantially cheaper than a Weekender?

I understand that an Eduard kit makes no money for AK but surely there has to be some sort of 'hook' to encourage us to buy this as opposed to the Eduard box? The kit including the paints might swing it for me but just a change of decals doesn't.

Duncan B

• Like 1

The Condor Legion boxing is excellent value for money as a Roden He 51 would cost you over £30 on it's own in the UK never mind the 2 Bf109s included. I've already ordered mine direct from Eduard for approx. €30 with my BC discount, now that is the way to 'hook' customers.

Duncan B

• Like 1

My mistake, I originally thought there were 2 complete 109s in the box, mustn't be greedy though as I've already got quite a few Eduard Bf109Es. I'm tinkering with an E1 at the moment between other builds but I'm looking forward to having a go at the He 51 as soon as it arrives.

Duncan B

Released: http://ak-interactive.com/v2/?product=bf-109-e1-e3

Like most of you will notice AK-Interactive worked together with our partner Eduard to be the first Spanish brand to release their own plastic kit. The choice of the Bf 109 E-1/E-3 was pretty obvious seen the history of this war bird over Spain. Next to the attractive box art and the high quality tooling of Eduard we offer you no less than six different markings including full stencilling ( in two optional colours ) designed by AK-Interactive and printed by Cartograf. Also included is a small booklet with some background information of the BF-109 during the Spanish civil war with many reference photos.

Our kit includes two different types of wings to give the modeller the choice of building either the E-1 or the E-3 variant. Photo-etch seatbelts are included as well to allow you to build a well detailed ‘109’ straight from the box.

Get them while they last as it’s a limited production run.

BF-109-KIT.jpg

AK475.jpg

AK474.jpg

Moche.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

After having the kit in my hands perhaps, from my point of view, the best item in this kit is the booklet of 12 pages with unpublished pictures of the planes included in the decals sheet, very useful for a right decoration and weathering of the Emils in Spain. (Apart of the quality of the plastic itself because is a Eduard kit).

On the other side, the Roden kit included in Eduard´s kit is not really a very good kit ...

So I think the kit worth it, with a very good quality decals, full color instruction sheet, exclusive historical information and, on top of that, a very nice boxart (the one of Eduard is horrible ;) )

It is a very good kit and worth giving it a try.

An example of the booklet ... (see the high quality of the pictures ¡¡¡¡)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/csago/LIBRETO%20FOTOS.jpg

You can see it too here ...

http://ak-interactive.com/v2/?product=bf-109-e1-e3

I've got one of the He.51s and calling it "not really a very good kit" is disingenuous and unfair. All the reviews I've seen of it have been positive, and from looking at my own kit I'd say it's about as good as you'll get without someone tools up an all-singing-all-dancing uberkit. :hmmm: Seems a bit odd...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...