Cromwell in Germany

Very VERY nice indeed.

I like everything about it except the broken glass inside the buildings. It's much too thick. When I did my street scene I used the clear plastic lids from margarine tubs. It would be easy to replace yours and make that one super diorama.

Regards,

Badder

• Like 1

Thanks, I use microscope slides as these are the thinnest glass I could find. I don't think plastic looks like glass, and I'm prepared to put up with the slightly thick appearance to get the shattered shards when I break the slides.

• Like 1

Thanks, I use microscope slides as these are the thinnest glass I could find. I don't think plastic looks like glass, and I'm prepared to put up with the slightly thick appearance to get the shattered shards when I break the slides.

Try to get hold of cover slips for microscopy. They are very thin (one source I found gave the specs at .17 mm).

E.g. here: http://www.brunelmicroscopes.co.uk/microscope-mountants.html

• Like 1

That is very good, attention to detail of the whole street scene as well as the Cromwell is to a very good standard. The quality fine finishing on the buildings is particularly pleasing, perhaps well demonstrated for example by the exposed brickwork under the broken away render on the 4th photo down, very good.

• Like 1

Question... are these MiniArt buildings vacuum formed or injection moulded and IF the former, are the rears modelled or did you scratch build them?

Regards,

Badder

The large parts are vac-formed with injection moulded accoutrements. The rear of the buildings are part of the kit.

You can see my Demo Build here...

http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=45647

Nicely presented Demo you've done there. Having searched MiniArt buildings I do quite like them. I've always prefer to scratch my buildings, often taking weeks or even months of work, but I can see that the MiniArt ones are ideal for 'knocking out a quick one' fnar fnar. And of course one could use them as a good 'base' to upgrade further.

Regards,

Badder

• Like 1

Yes they're quite versatile, a basic backdrop to photograph against, a nice little diorama or something to go to town on - whichever the modeller wants.

• Like 1