1/72 Hasegawa Jaguar GR1 - updated 6th March

ForestFan

Hi,just thought I'd show my current WIP, being the old Hasegawa Jag. Nice kit overall, if a little dated. Going to use some old Modeldecal decals for a 20 Squadron a/c. Something I noted is that the instructions show a dark brown panel on the upper starboard wing, the only pics I can find so far show this to be black to my eyes, any experts out there able to clarify?

Thanks
24683191273_3d3c37f2d6_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr
25320461206_affae3496a_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

Edited by ForestFan
  • Like 7

This is probably my favourite Hasegawa kit, and this build is looking superb so far.

The Jag was a fantastic jet, looks so purposeful, would love to see one in 1/32 scale.....Airfix? (and if so a Bucc would be nice too!)

The dielectric panel on the stbd wing is definetly black too. Will be looking out for the finished piece, keep up the good work

Rgds,

Eng

• Like 1

Looking great so far, good luck with the fiddly bits! I love the Jaguar, second to the Tornado and would love a good kit in 1/48 or 1/32 scale.

Cheers :)

Martin

• Like 2

Looks very good! I have one of these in the stash. Any special problems found during the build?

Cheers

Jaime

Thanks Jaime, no real problems, just need to be careful lining things up. The kits a bit basic by modern standards, but I think I'm more of an assembler rather than a real modeller so it's fine by me!
  • Like 1

Hi ForestFan,

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to find some PE or resin accessories to enrich the detail. I'm a bit obsessed with detailing my models, I'm afraid...

Cheers

Jaime