Panther Ausf A Tracks

Smouch_249

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if I could get steered in a good direction.

I have Tamiya's 1/35 Panther Ausf A on the go and I'm looking at getting some aftermarket tracks.

The ones that I'm looking at are the ModelKasten SK-13 set or the Friulmodel AT-33 set.

Can someone help me with some information?

Cheers,

Michael.

There are some SK-13's here:

http://www.thebarrelstore.com/Tracks.htm(Canadian)

Never built a panther before so I am not sure what tracks you might be looking for.

They confirmed to me that they can also ship by regular mail.

Edit: Oh, apparently thebarrelstore has items listed as in-stock (at least one product I wanted to buy), but I received that the product I wanted was out of stock.

Luckily, I found my stuff today on Ebay for a nice price. :)

Edited by Housesparrow

I have Tamiya's 1/35 Panther Ausf A on the go and I'm looking at getting some aftermarket tracks.

Which Tamiya Panther A? If it is the original one prior to their later PzKpfw V Ausführung G, you may have a problem with tracks as it wasn't exactly 1/35th scale. Your best bet is the then the ATL-08 tracks with their AW-13 replacement sprockets to ensure they fit.

atl_08_uj.jpg

aw-13.jpg

Regards,

Hi,

Are you looking for information or a recommendation?

I'm am building the re-boxed old Panther A from tamiya (1/35 Tamiya Panzerkampfwagen V Panther (Sd.kfz.171) Ausf.A (#35065).

I opted for a very early Ausf a with no zimmerit and the early tracks.

I used the bronco early tracks which have nice detail but don't hold well together but i went for these as they were cheap.

If i had to choose again, i would got for fruil metal tracks.

What kit number do you have.

• Like 1

BTW, the 2 sets you have referenced are both the early type tracks predominately used on the Panther D (first panther).

A small handful of Panther A's (second panther) had no zimmerit and early track but most A's had zimmerit and the later tracks (with ice cleats).

It's your model so it's up to you.

I chose my route for my panther a as I couldn't be bothered with adding zimmerit on this older kit but added some PE to jazz it up.

Have a look at my build and see what you where you want to go:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234994626-tamiya-135-panzerkampfwagen-v-panther-sdkfz171-ausfa/

If you go for the more common Ausf A then go for the late tracks which are:

Fruil ATL-08

ModelKasten SK-10

Edited by plasmahal
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replies :thumbsup2:

I'm am building the re-boxed old Panther A from tamiya (1/35 Tamiya Panzerkampfwagen V Panther (Sd.kfz.171) Ausf.A (#35065).

What kit number do you have.

I have the same kit, but have not gone with any PE for it. Plans for it is to be part of a dio that includes this kit:

https://www.verlindenonline.com/2776-camping-grounds-germany-wwii-tankers-1-35-scale.html

If you go for the more common Ausf A then go for the late tracks which are:

Fruil ATL-08

ModelKasten SK-10

That has helped a lot.

I have used the fruil tracks before on this Wirbelwind:

All-but-done-1_zpsd3f3709f.jpg

Thanks again for all your replies and assistance, it's very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael.