Rothmans Porsche 956 in the pits ( adapted from the Tamiya 1/24 kit )

Borez

I am pretty sure within this there are a couple of pictures that show the doors open to get a good gauge of the hinges. It's a later car I believe but how much would they have change the door hinges

http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/shaunhood22/library/porsche%20962

shaun

Edited by shood23
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure within this there are a couple of pictures that show the doors open to get a good gauge of the hinges. It's a later car I believe but how much would they have change the door hinges

http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/shaunhood22/library/porsche%20962

shaun

Nice walk around picture those, I could have done with them much earlier in the build ;)

I have a set with the door hinges + some PE hinges but it's more a case of how I'm gong to actually pin them on the model as I don't think the PE parts alone will be strong enough.

I have to admit that when I cut the door out of one of these kits I just pinned it back open with 2 small metal rods, but that was a long time ago and with well below the amount of effort you have put into yours

Shaun

I have to admit that when I cut the door out of one of these kits I just pinned it back open with 2 small metal rods, but that was a long time ago and with well below the amount of effort you have put into yours

Shaun

That's probably what I'll do to be honest.

Looking very good indeed. Have fun at Glastonbury. I did that myself with a couple of friends back in the 80's - rented a van and a camper and made £800 each over the weekend!

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got back to this today, I've been so busy I literally haven't had time to stop and when I have had time it's been difficult to get motivated.

So yesterday and today I've spent some time scratching and painting the bodywork stands for the model.

Front end stand.

IMG_5744.jpg

And with the front end mounted

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5747.jpg

And the rear stand.

IMG_5742.jpg

And the rear mounted

IMG_5757.jpg

IMG_5761.jpg

And also the wheels and tyres are now 95% finished.

IMG_5772.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

Most of the bits are now complete, they're just sitting there ready for assembly when I have the time. Progress is however slow right now.

IMG_5775.jpg

And that's it really for now, thanks for looking. ;)

• Like 8

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Hamden said:

Any news on this one

Roger

It's sitting in its display case waiting to be finished. I just haven't had the time as I got stupidly busy with work.

I will get around to it though so thanks for asking ;) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well ladies and gentleman, after a sustained period of absence, she is finally back in the pits ready for the final haul.

Sorry about the delay, I've been mad busy working for the last few months.

IMG_2653-2.jpg

• Like 3

OK,  finally up on jacks.

Installed the doors, hinges and various other bits and pieces of detailing but she's pretty much done really. Just a bit of paint cleanup and a proper lightbox photo shoot of the whole vehicle and bodywork together and she'll be ready for inspection.

For a recap: here's the original I took inspiration from.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-28%20at%2007.16.

And my version

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2699_1.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

Loved every minute of building this though, didn't think I could pull it off ( it was pretty damned challenging for sure ) but managed to rise to the occasion really and learned a ton along the way at the same time.

Anyway, thanks for following over the year and the ready for inspection pics will be up some time next week. ;)

Next up will probably be a full detailed Gulf Porsche 917K.

Edited by Borez
  • Like 6