Rothmans Porsche 956 in the pits ( adapted from the Tamiya 1/24 kit )

Borez

Lovely work borez, those jackstands look very nice almost looks like they are made from brass from the colour.

Shaun

They are brass Shaun.

Edited by Borez
  • Like 1

This has to be the most impressively and meticulously detailed engine I've ever seen in any scale.

Well I wouldn't go that far considering some of the work on this forum but thanks a bunch ;)

I'd rather be building it this evening though than working and sitting in hotel rooms for the next few days.

So my jack stands came out nicely

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

And the header tank is taking shape too.

IMG_4265.jpg

Progress however is slow right now as this is the busiest time of the year for me and I have hardly any free time right now.

I'll do what I can when I'm around ;)

Thanks for looking.

• Like 3

Finally a day off. I feel like I've been away from this car for ages ;)

So today ( after trying to remember what jobs exactly I have left to do here ) I finished off the header tank

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4537.jpg

Then I've been experimenting with Alclad ALC600 aqua gloss blown straight from the AB onto the glass parts. Alclad's version of Klear which can also be used to seal Alclad metal finishes ( although I haven't tried it like this yet )

Basically I originally tried Pledge Multi Surface Wax which is ( according to some ) supposed to be the same as the original Klear. But... it's not. It actually destroyed my original windscreen. I dip coated it then left it to dry for two days and it looked OK, but then I tried to wipe over it lightly and it just smudged all the way across the damn windscreen completely ruining it. Not a good look.

Horrid stuff.

I had to order a new plastic glass sprue from Japan.

So I've been trying the Alclad ALC600 shot from the AB on a spare windscreen I had from another kit.

The test results are fantastic, it adds a real depth and shine to the windscreen and has dried solid. ( you can also see the header tank in the top of the picture for scale ) It looks like glass now. It also dries in less than an hour.

IMG_4542.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

Very pleased :thumbsup:

I won't be touching Pledge Multi Surface Wax again that's for sure.

The Porsche glass parts are all coated and drying too.

And apart from that I painted the steering wheel. This wheel is actually a surrogate, I have no idea where the Porsche one has gone at all. It was finished but it's just disappeared!? I just know it'll turn up again once the car is finished though :mental:

IMG_4554.jpg

And that's it for now. I'm around all week really now so I can get on with this build ;)

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Borez
  • Like 3

So... the car now has a dashboard and steering wheel. There's a little watermarking from the decals here that I'll get rid of.

IMG_4577.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

And fitted into the cockpit.

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

Also the cockpit is now permanently fitted to the chassis.

IMG_4568.jpg

Test fitted the engine and body too last night and it all fits perfectly.

It was a nice moment knowing that it all fits, especially with the scratch-building on the front end, I really didn't know whether it would fit with the dashboard until the very last moment but it does no problems at all.

Basically now it's just lots of little jobs before the engine is dropped permanently into the chassis too.

I also want to take some proper light-box pics of the engine before it does though. So that's tomorrows job.

Also have to work out how to pin the doors open too, I have an idea though.

Definitely getting there though.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Borez
  • Like 3

So I did a little photo shoot of the engine before she goes into the car permanently

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

Now back to completing the build itself.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Borez
  • Like 4

So fill her up and crank it lol seriously amazing work, it almost seems a shame to hid some of it away now.

Shaun

It does indeed Shaun, I may even build another one to display alongside the car at at some point in the future.

It does indeed Shaun, I may even build another one to display alongside the car at at some point in the future.

Yes. This needs to happen. If not babies will cry and dogs will dance under the light of a blood moon to shrieks of a mockingbird.

Ashley

• Like 3

Just watching a repeat of last night's qualifying for this years Le Mans, & while the cars are still spectacular, they aren't a patch on group C cars like the 956! (just my humble opinion of course! :D )

Keith

• Like 2