1/48 Hasegawa A6M2-N Type 2 Rufe

Here is my latest build. The 1/48 Hasegawa A6M2-N Type 2 Rufe. The kit was a very nice build and had very few issues. The detail was good and there was very little seam filling needed. The peeling paint was accomplished by painting a base coat of silver followed by a coat of AK Interactives Worn Effects. The Worn Effects was sprayed straight from the bottle with ease. The exterior color is Tamiya acrylic and when it was dry, I then peeled the paint by rubbing areas with a stiff wetted paintbrush. Some areas were also removed using tape. The Worn Effects worked very well, almost too well as the paint peeled with very little effort.
The lagoon was made with Styrofoam covered with sand a pouring of several layers of resin. The first two resin layers were tinted with Turquoise while the later layers were untinted. Next time I will use a different material as the resin would eat the Styrofoam along the edges where it was unprotected.

I hope you enjoy my build and as always comments and critiques are welcome.

eHMIhf.jpgTaLRdH.jpg

Wi8Pnt.jpgaculo6.jpg

vQbZEX.jpg

quwlkv.jpg

ykJE6D.jpg

This is the picture I was trying to replicate.

8AOwFp.jpg

• Like 22

Excellent job on the water effects and the model looks fabulous! Certainly nothing to critique on that model, well done! However... your inspiration photo looks to be a computer model, nothing wrong at all with that . It would seem that the prop was drawn turning the wrong way, but maybe my eyes deceive me. Still, your model looks terrific!