Leyland airport refueller - plans?

bootneck

Does anyone know of a source for plans for a Foden airport refueller (I think that is what this vehicle is) such as the one below? I'm looking for dimensions to scratch build one in 1:144 scale. I have checked Blueprints dot com and they don't appear to have one. Also looking for details of a Bedford S type refueller, for the same Shell-BP company.

cheers

Mike

Refueller_1000.jpg

To me I don't think its a Foden, the side of the cab profile looks wrong, my guess would have been an S18, but the shape is wrong, and its not an S20 either. If its a Foden then the tank would be a Thompson Bros of Bilston tank, on a FG6/20 chassis.

Thanks Rich.

Does anyone know of a source for plans for a Leyland airport refueller (I think that is what this vehicle is) such as the first post above? I'm looking for dimensions to scratch build one in 1:144 scale. I have checked Blueprints dot com and they don't appear to have one. Also looking for details of a Bedford S type refueller, for the same Shell-BP company.

• 1 year later...

Try the bellona military vehicle data 22, it has a similar tanker truck.

https://pt.scribd.com/document/112265817/Bellona-Military-Vehicle-Data-No22-1973

and check this, it has s siide view that can be usefull

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/airport-creations/106883-60s-refueling-trucks.html

It will take a few adaptations. Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Hi  Goncalo,

I haven't been successful in finding any plans so far.  Also, we had a burst pipe under the floor a few weeks ago and the repairs are still in progress.  We have vacated the house whilst this is being done but hopefully all will be completed by the end of next week.  Obviously this means I haven't been able to get any modelling done for a while.

No need for concerns about the stash, it's all boxed up and safely stored over at the daughter's house.

cheers

Mike