- KITTY-HAWK Mig 25 PD Foxbat - 1/48

- Another Mig factory breed, after Mike's wonderfull Foxhound this one may be seen a bit " dull"...Nevertheless it was not a milk run to built this kit I found the landing gear a nightmare to built and the notice was no help......

002_zpsenupjat2.jpg
003_zpskdiiawex.jpg
004_zps4bgd7khj.jpg
005_zpsop0nmyw6.jpg
006_zpso0jgezpe.jpg
007_zpsq79ikejm.jpg
011_zpszx8psken.jpg
010_zpsq1m8grks.jpg
009_zpsnpalhvsm.jpg
012_zpsuctldop6.jpg
015_zpsw2o786zl.jpg
019_zpsqjpzo5jk.jpg
022_zpsywvsjz2y.jpg
  • Like 30

There's some good quality muck knocking about there on what seems a difficult build according to anyone I've seen attempt it. A nice worn look that's actually quite difficult to achieve :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your photos of this excellent build. You must be very pleased to have done such a stunning and well exiquited biuld. Look forward to your next creation.

Sammy da fish

- My next significativ model will be "THE" AMK Mig 31- and this time no place for mistake,if I want to be half level with the ones already posted......If I do I will be the happiest man on earth......

You're a brave man to even start building this kit. And finishing it with this result is a real great effort.

René

- In fact, this kit is not so bad, Kitty-Hawk has made a mixture of different version of the beast letting let's us hope for more interesting versions. At a cost of a few mods, it is possible to get a convincing PD model.

- First, I modify the engine exhaust, making them shorter,it is the main transformation required, then I've adapted the Neomega cockpit I had bought for the Revell kit.It fit rather easily against all odds,once more it is not mandatory, the next imortant change is to blank the abysmal air intakes letting see the inside of the underwear of the beast by replacing the wrong intake ramp of the kit ( in a Mig 29 style ) by a simple red servicing blanking. The rest of the mods is a matter of antenas or panel easy to spot on available photos and forfinishing the model a round of the mill painting affair.

- For this kit I changed the kits wheels by resin ones, but the kit ones are sufficiently convincing......So you can see the result in my post......