1/72 Tamiya P-47D Thunderbolt 'The Trojan Warhorse'

Well, I'm almost ready to begin the proper painting. I'm just going to give the canopy frames a coat of interior green first before masking the wheel wells and engine. I'll be leaving off the tail wings as they are in NMF but the rest of the tail is Blue, so it will be easier to paint them on the sprue. My idea is to paint the entire thing with Alclad Aluminium and they mask and paint the other colours, which are Red, Blue and Olive Drab.

thanks

Mike

tumblr_inline_o4fs1gZg9E1u2mcb6_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_o4fs1gZg9E1u2mcb6_500.jpg

• Like 2

I've done the painting of the tail, canopy frames, OD anti glare strip and cowling flaps, it'll be a big unveil of the masking tape this evening so I can see how well the paint work has turned out. Hopefully there will be no major issues so I can make further progress.

thanks

Mike

Thanks. The decaling is complete, pitot tube, ariel mast, rocket launchers, bombs and drop tank are all in place now and the first matt varnish coat is on. I've just got to tidy up the odd bit of paintwork on some bits before the final matt coat. When I've done the final Matt coat, I'll open up the canopy and do the finishing touches, so should be done in time.

thanks

Mike

Done...... pics in the gallery. The drop tank is a temporary thing, I really wanted a 75gal tank but the kit didn't have them, so I will have to find one at some point and modify it to fit.

thanks

Mike

12919851_1080862805306552_87268936258680

Edited by Mikemx
  • Like 2

that's a nice colourful scheme, well done Mike.

I was great to have you along on this GB, she's a great looking model, I do hope you enjoyed yourself.

Now just one to go........