Hasegawa 1/48 Typhoon 1b "Dirty Dora"

A few shots of my latest, the Hasegawa kit with a replacement CMK cockpit originally designed for the Monogram kit, and new exhausts, Apart from a strange reaction between the Humbrol acrylic Dark Green and Tamiya Clear resulting in a very rough texture that needed polishing out, the build was fairly straightforward. Weathering was kept minimal with pastels and silver pencil, as a colour photo of the original aircraft shows it was fairly clean. The panel lines were washed with Flory Dark Dirt as it is not as stark as the black.

24591775914_c9414d8993_o.jpg

24926823770_4f59fffdbe_o.jpg

25222436575_94265838e7_o.jpg

24595624553_a9c39e1427_o.jpg

• Like 19

Thank you for all the kind comments, as usual I see the mistakes before the good bits! I was a bit frustrated after applying the gloss as to how dark the colours went, and how the subtlety of the pastels was lost. I hoped that the matt varnish would take things back a little to how they were, but not so - does anyone know a gloss/matt varnish combo that leaves doesn't shift the colours so much? I guess its all about surface reflectiveness, so the flatter the matt the better.

This shot shows how it looked just prior to the Tamiya Clear:

25196152576_df426b5822_o.jpg

• Like 1