Gone crosseyed from rigging

Looks like the old Revell DH2 - nice to see someone having a go at rigging for the first time, and you've done a great job of it! That's a pretty complex aircraft to start with!

I prefer to drill and thread my rigging as it gives a lot of structural strength to the finished model, but wire/stretched sprue can look just as effective and I use wire where drilling is not an option. The best thing to do is try a number of different methods and stick to what works best for you!

Check out my Short 184 thread if you want tips on how to thread it.

Ian

Yes its the old DH2 kit. Had it for ages and then I found a rigging diagram on the WW1 site. Now I know nothing about fishing, so went down to a tackle shop in Aberdeen and the guy there had loads of very fine line in the fly fishing thingy. bought a couple of different diameters to experiment with.

Drilled lots of Ø0.3mm holes, super glued one end passed the line through its mating hole, clipped on a small crocodile clip let it hang free to give a bit of tension and applied another drop of glue.

To get really small drops I hermmm....... permanently borrowed a sowing needle of the missus and using sharp snips cut the very end off of the needle where the thread goes through, this picks up a really small amount of glue. When the fork end gets bunged up with glue just burn it off with a candle flame an its as good as new.