Intruder with Easter Eggs

Hi Everyone.

Hope you don`t mind seeing some photo`s of my just completed Hobby Boss 1/48, Grumman A-6A Intruder

bK58qTC.jpg

Completed to represent an A-6A of VMA(AW)-242, `The Bats`, U.S, Marines, Da Nang, South Vietnam, circa 1968

6jPFlvJ.jpg

I was looking to do something different with the weapons load than the normal `Snakes and Rockeyes`, when I came across a photo...

hAUJIF3.jpg

on line and later a profile in the Osprey Book, of one loaded with WWII vintage 2000 pounders, decorated as Easter Eggs.

zgRQEfD.jpg

Had to make a few modifications to back date the base kit to fit the time frame, luckily none of them really difficult

0wu2e2r.jpg

Decals came from; Intruders From The Beach` AOAdecals, 48-001 and the bombs from Tamiya Skyraiders

WLixuix.jpg

Apart from those, the brake pipes and some bits of wire here and there, the rest is from the box.

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 66

Nice A-6 Russ I have the Kinetic A-6E to do sometime.

Guy

• Like 1

What an excellent modell. And what an absolute atmosphere that you caught in your pic`s! I love that! Very inspiring!!!! The eastereggs are stunning. Never saw this before!

A great one!!!!

Thx for sharing :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Andy

• Like 1

Looks great Russ, well photographed with that stormy cloudscape backdrop. Is that an aftermarket cockpit?

gazza l

Cheers Gazza, the cockpit is from the kit, the only additions are; a bit of wire on the canopy roof centre console and some flak curtains made from wire kitchen roll and PVA glue. I also made some replacement Ejector Seat handles to the same shape as the earlier seat.

Thanks to everyone for nice comments and likes; glad you like it

Hello,Russ -.Wow! That's a grand Grumman you've built there!! I commend the realistic weathering and she's a fine tribute to the type and displays your hallmark quality paint and detail work.:) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1