1/48 SM79 Trumpeter

robvd

Hi All,

here are a few pictures of mine SM 79 from Trumpeter. It was also build many years ago. In fact it was the first model wich I sparyed with Acryliv paints. The kit has a completely scratchbuild interior ie The tubular frame is build from plastruct rod because it is highly visible when one look inside.

The engine cowlings and the torpedo came from Alphaflight and the decals from Skymodels.

I know that one wheel is not sitting correct on the floor I forgot to do this before the fotoshoot

The pictures are as once again shot by my dear friend Hartdeco

I hope that you like itDSC01878_zpsamuwxsla.jpgDSC01879_zpsa6in38nw.jpgDSC01880_zpsl7ndnzh3.jpgDSC01881_zpsmm2zyxvx.jpgDSC01882_zpswjtq27os.jpgDSC01883_zpsjsxw6tnw.jpgDSC01884_zpst0nx3vyq.jpgDSC01886_zpsc6nqgjhp.jpgDSC01887_zpsci5hs7hj.jpgDSC01888_zpsr9mlw3jm.jpg

Edited by robvd
  • Like 40

Nice model, but some venial mistakes. The torpedo is correctly put on the left side, the support on the right side where never used operationally, only in some pictures (strictly on the ground) you see the SM-79 with two torpedoes. The flame-damper where applied only at the ships modified for the Aviazione Nazionale Repubblicana in 1944, before they where not in use. Also the gun in the ventral gondola was never used by the torpedo planes, also the bomb supports, bomb sight and all the related ancillary where delete to save wheight.

r.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the nice comments

Bertopinal.

Thanks for the extra comments they are noted.

But frankly I just build what I like and if they are not completely historical correct Then so it is I could not care less.

The main thing for me is enjoy what you build and build what you like.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...