Someone finally listened!

Simon382

You're not the only one, an S.1 is something I'd be very interested too. At the same time I'll be happy with a new S.2, the S.1 parts can be left to the aftermarket crowd. I hope that Tanmodel will bring us another kit of the same quality of their Thunderflash.

Regarding the 1/72 Vs. 1/48 debate, while no buccaneer kit in any scale is particularly modern apart from the resin CMR ones (and the new ones listed in this same forum), I think it's hard to object to the fact the Airfix's 1/48 scale kit is way better than their 1/72 one. It may be a pig to build but detail and accuracy are not bad while the 1/72 kit is very disappointing on both aspects

With you on that Giorgio. I liked the big Airfix kit. Yes, it was not an easy build but, it looked every inch a Bucc and I'm sorry that Airfix has not seen fit to re issue or re tool it.

Allan

I am with you Allan, an S1 would be wonderful, c'mon aftermarket guys , a prototype conversion would be juicy....yum yum,

Well you kinda of need a base kit first to start with before the aftermarket guys can create a conversion, and that depends on how the kit will be designed, as could be designed to allow a straightforward swap out of parts as opposed to a hacking the base kit apart .

A detailed open Buccaneer Airbrake in 72nd, so already off to a good start, really looking forward to seeing how this one develops.

• 3 months later...

Not anymore they have folded quicker than their supposed Coup and have been swayed by the 48th freeloaders to produce the 48th kit first, with the 72nd to follow at a later date - except of course they have already announced numerous 48th and 32nd scale kits so we not likely to see their 72nd Buccaneer for some years as a result now :fuyou_2: - feeling betrayed and very wee weed off .

Now hoping Airfix do a new 72nd kit in the coming year to kill the market for them.

• Like 1

Not anymore they have folded quicker than their supposed Coup and have been swayed by the 48th freeloaders to produce the 48th kit first, with the 72nd to follow at a later date - except of course they have already announced numerous 48th and 32nd scale kits so we not likely to see their 72nd Buccaneer for some years as a result now :fuyou_2: - feeling betrayed and very wee weed off .

Now hoping Airfix do a new 72nd kit in the coming year to kill the market for them.

The thing I like about that is that Tanmodel is a new company and some of their molding needs some refining - so hopefully they are going to improve with each release, so by the time we get the 1/72nd scale Buccaneer it should be better for it :)

• Like 1

The thing I like about that is that Tanmodel is a new company and some of their molding needs some refining - so hopefully they are going to improve with each release, so by the time we get the 1/72nd scale Buccaneer it should be better for it :)

Tanmodel have working on the 1/72 for some time, and were originally going to release it this Autumn, and the 1/48 version later in 2017. As there's been a wave of support for an updated 1/48 Buccaneer from any manufacturer, Baris Tansoy who heads Tanmodels, has decided to release his 1/48 version in the New Year. Because at lot of groundwork has already been done on the 1/72 kit, I'm guessing that version could be released later in 2017. Either way, both scales are welcome.

Well, according to their FB page, they are doing the Bucc in both 1:72 and 1:48. So you can all celebrate.

"Dear TANMODEL followers and our modeller friends;
We received countless e-mail and Facebook messages after we published the CAD picture of 1/72 scale Blacburn Buccaneer S.Mk.2 design on our Facebook page; therefore, we are happy to announce that we have decided to realize 1/48 Buccaneer project, as well."

• Like 2

Excellent news. Thanks for posting this Dav

No its not as this is what Tanmodel posted up afterwards:-

Dear TANMODEL followers and our modeller friends;

We appreciate the feedback that we received from you. We evaluated Facebook messages and e-mails. We will first prepare 1/48 scale Buccaneer for you, then we will launch our 1/72 scale kit into the market on an appropriate date.

We are pleased to share some 3D pictures of our Buccaneer project with you. We will be very happy if you share technical drawings, pictures and decal options with us.

We strive to bring our 1/48 Buccaneer project up until the New Year.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any matter.

Regards,

TANMODEL Plastic Model Kits

So not excellent news as the 72nd model has been usurped by the 48th kit and when you factor in the size of the company, its timescale for release and its project list to date, that means we are not likely to see the promised 72nd scale Buccaneer for some time. Thus the feeling of being wee weed off and betrayed, as I know others were considering do a 72nd Buccaneer until they heard TanModel were working on one.

Now hoping Airfix do one instead as at least we might see that one in the next 18 months

I understand your frustration Geoff_B as I've seen several long-desired models offered even to the made up proof stage only to have them vanish like fairy gold. I hope that both scales are released over the next year but understand that Tanmodel can only do what is best for their company.

Generally I'm getting rather miffed myself with companies who announce a number of kits which are just spoilers to another manufacturer's previously announced release and then they never appear. I'm not naming names but there are two manufacturers who do this routinely and I won't spend a penny with them because of it.

On a more light-hearted note 72nd scale fans are much more dexterous with better eyesight than those of us who can only manage 48th due to increasing age and infirmity, so please don't get too mad at us old'uns grabbing the chances while keeping an eye out for the Grim Reaper. :winkgrin:

• Like 1