Someone finally listened!

Simon382

So no one listened? Oh well, been with my lady some 13years so should be used to it by now!?!

And yes, I'm being brave with no chance of her actually reading this.............I hope!?!

• Like 2

BRIEF STATEMENT ABOUT BLACKBURN BUCCANEER PROJECT.

Dear forum members and our friends;

First of all, thank you all for your interest in TANMODEL brand and our projects.

Yes, we are planning to release Blackburn Buccaneer S.2 kit and we made some progress in 3D design. However we will release this project in 1/72 scale.

Regards,

TANMODEL

http://www.tanmodel.com

http://www.facebook.com/tanmodel

Does that discount a 1/48 in the future?

Dave

^^^ great news!

Personally I would be happy with an overall Extra Dark Sea Grey FAA example or a Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey RAF one. Personally I'm not fond of the 'desert pink' Gulf War scheme but would imagine that it would be popular.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing The Brick tooled up :)

Trevor

I concur with Trevor although my preference would be for:

RAF Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey

RAF Final, Light Grey scheme

FAA Overall Extra Dark Sea Grey

SAAF

RAF Desert Pink

RAF Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey/Light Aircraft Grey

In that order please

Am I the only one here that would like to see a Buccaneer S1? :( . Of course, an S2 is moderately wonderful as well and I will happily buy several!! :lol:

Allan

Ah but Tanmodel may just design the intakes and exhausts to cover both ot at least allow for aftermarket conversions using direct replacement parts (which is alot easier than hacking open an Airfix kit to tryand add resin replacements )

• Like 1

At least there is a new 1/72nd Buccaneer for you guy's that like that scale but I'm looking forward to the F-111 and the SR-71 and who knows they might do the Buccaneer in 1/48 !!

Guy

The CMR S1 resin kit is imminent.

Appreciate the heads up! :thumbsup: . Unfortunately, if its priced anything like the previous CMR Buccaneer kits, I won't be buying it. £70+ for a 1/72 Buccaneer S2, no matter how good is way OTT. I certainly won't pay a similar price for an S1 - no matter how much I might want one. Guess I will have to let that one go! How about it TANMODEL? Any chance of an S1 to go with entire squadron's worth of S2s I will buy? :lol:

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

BRIEF STATEMENT ABOUT BLACKBURN BUCCANEER PROJECT.

Dear forum members and our friends;

First of all, thank you all for your interest in TANMODEL brand and our projects.

Yes, we are planning to release Blackburn Buccaneer S.2 kit and we made some progress in 3D design. However we will release this project in 1/72 scale. (Of course, our reference is 1/48 scale RF-84F kit)

A modeler and author friend of ours, also a member of this forum, stated that he will support us. If he wishes, he can announce his name. We detail the design in summer and we wish to present a perfect Buccaneer to you in autumn.

We would write messages to you for decal selection, however we wanted to make a small briefing under this topic.

Regards,

TANMODEL

http://www.tanmodel.com

http://www.facebook.com/tanmodel

Very exciting news. I have wanted a good Buccaneer in 1/72 for years. If it is anything like your RF-84, which looks superb, than I will be very happy.

On this we must agree to disagree. :thumbsup2:

I like the fact that Tanmodel liked this comment ;)

I was excited for the 1/48 version, not so much the 1/72 personally but that is always going to be a matter of varying opinions, maybe in future. Looking into this company does however yield some impressive feedback, a 1/32 F-5B and T-38 sounds good to me!

• Like 1

A 1/72 Buccaneer???????

Yes we definitely do need a new 1/72 Bucc, I don't think the word "need" really applies to 1/48 as there already is a half decent one, whereas we don't really have a decent 1/72 kit....yet! :thumbsup:

We most definitely do "need" a 1/72 Thunderflash, oh yes indeedy. And a Thunderstreak in 1/72 pretty please. If that Thunderflash could be scaled down I would be extremely happy.

Martin

• Like 3

A 1/72 Buccaneer???????

Yes we definitely do need a new 1/72 Bucc, I don't think the word "need" really applies to 1/48 as there already is a half decent one, whereas we don't really have a decent 1/72 kit....yet! :thumbsup:

We most definitely do "need" a 1/72 Thunderflash, oh yes indeedy. And a Thunderstreak in 1/72 pretty please. If that Thunderflash could be scaled down I would be extremely happy.

Martin

Couldn't agree more, wise words Martin!

• Like 1

The people wanting a 1/48th kit could always muster up the cash to produce their own kit... surely if it's 'needed' you would be sitting on a gold mine.

I always thought, with all this know-how here, a crowdbuilt model could be done. Some CAD-freaks could do the modeling, then a 3D-print, moulds and off you go with the BM-branded resin kits!

:)

Alex

• Like 2

Their list of future releases is quite a collection of different scales and subjects. It seems surprising that they do not intend to capitalise on their research costs by bringing out the same subject in more than one scale, as many manufacturers do nowadays.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one here that would like to see a Buccaneer S1? :( . Of course, an S2 is moderately wonderful as well and I will happily buy several!! :lol:

Allan

You're not the only one, an S.1 is something I'd be very interested too. At the same time I'll be happy with a new S.2, the S.1 parts can be left to the aftermarket crowd. I hope that Tanmodel will bring us another kit of the same quality of their Thunderflash.

Regarding the 1/72 Vs. 1/48 debate, while no buccaneer kit in any scale is particularly modern apart from the resin CMR ones (and the new ones listed in this same forum), I think it's hard to object to the fact the Airfix's 1/48 scale kit is way better than their 1/72 one. It may be a pig to build but detail and accuracy are not bad while the 1/72 kit is very disappointing on both aspects

Edited by Giorgio N