Trumpeter 1/35 Hind Mi-24 Gunship

Madhatter

Superb! Very good riveting lines! :thumbsup2:

p.s Why did you choose the Czech version?

Because of all the schemes I've seen on a hnd, it's one of the more attractive to my eye. I did see one other I really liked, but this is easier to paint. Well, almost easier. Color choice is making it harder than it should be

will, yeah, I tend to give all panel lines a wash before I start gluing. That way, I can see what detail I'm loosing when I have to sand the seams and makes it easier to try and reinstate the detail.

Cunning! Thanks for the explanation.

W

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind feedback guys. I appreciate it

Will, it's a tip I picked up years ago and I use it a lot. However, the jury is still out if I use it as effectively as the guy who I picked it up from. Mind you, he was Japanese and a master painter of anything he took an airbrush too. Also probably an alien or a robot....

Fantastic work! Really enjoying the build. Do you mind me asking what wire you use for detailing?

Cheers

Andy

No, I don't mind you asking anything at all Andy. I use a mixture of lead wire from Plus Model and Minimali (CZ) which I've picked up from various stores and Expos over the years. It's not very expensive and you get a lot for your money in my opinion.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Simon

• Like 1

Hello.

This is some excellent work we are seeing here! I have loved the look of the Hind for many years.

I have two of these kits in my stash, but I have not plucked up the courage to start them as yet... but - who knows - one day...!

Thanks for sharing your build with us. I will be following your progress with great interest.

Cheers.

Chris.

• Like 1

found some time to take some pictures of some of the smaller parts like the wings and rotor blades

I'm happy with how it's coming along so far. Just stuck on the type of green to use. It's hard because of the massive variation in pictures.

IMG_3141_zpsnn1ttjxp.jpg

IMG_3137_zpsew7f8lb8.jpg

IMG_3140_zps12alubd2.jpg

IMG_3133_zpskoxmdg4s.jpg

Weapons have been chosen and almost ready to go on. They just need a final flat coat and a little bit of tidying up

IMG_3146_zpsuceslg67.jpg

IMG_3151_zpslj1xjwfs.jpg

IMG_3154_zps0lkpzl9c.jpg

That's all I have for now. I will hopefully have the rotor head all plumbed up tomorrow night and then that part will be finished

Thanks for looking

MH

Edited by Madhatter
  • Like 6

hi everyone

Very quick update. I'm almost done. Still a few places to finish painting then it's weathering time

Hopefully, I have the colours right! Not too late to change it if need be

IMG_3156_zpstsqnvnox.jpg

IMG_3158_zpsgzzjxi1w.jpg

IMG_3169_zps6h1wlidx.jpg

IMG_3171_zpswixiqaru.jpg

IMG_3173_zpssacvygzh.jpg

IMG_3175_zpsceowhxfp.jpg

As you can see, there is still a few places to patch up and reduce the post shading and the bottom mask hasn't come off yet

If you think the colours are wrong, please do say

Thanks for looking

MH

• Like 6

Very nice! The shading looks great and I love the detail and tidiness of the MRH.

One interesting thing with the paint - I was going to say that you have a mix of softer and harder edges on the camo, but I looked at some pictures of a real one and it's exactly the same - good eye!

Will

Thanks very much guys - I'm pretty happy with it so far too

I got a bit more painting done last night. Still need to fix up a couple of things but that won't take long

Here's where I am currently up to - not long from the finish line :)

IMG_3180_zpswmgzp4qi.jpg

IMG_3176_zps6xd5ivc6.jpg

IMG_3185_zpsli51n1ns.jpg

IMG_3179_zpsrsvp8xan.jpg

IMG_3183_zpsswqzygpn.jpg

The last picture isn't the greatest sorry. I have cropped a couple of the pictures, but Photobucket hasn't caught up with itself yet.

Thanks for looking

MH

• Like 5