problems with decals

blackdog

Has anyone ever had problems with airbrushing acrylic gloss lacquer over airfix decals . had a problem today with lacquer separating just on the decals whilst covering the previous coat of gloss perfectly . i am using water based stuff .might try a tiny spot of washing up liquid in next coat has any one got a cure for me please . i have very carefully rubbed down the bobbles with 1400 wet and dry and hope to rescue the job with the mat coat after weathering . any help very welcome . cheers Andy

How long had you left the decals to cure before overspraying? Did you use any setting solutions?

decals were left about 14 hours before overspraying and yes micro set and micro sol , just finished a revel model a few weeks ago did the same process . same products . with no problem any idea m8 .. cheers Andy

Did you wash off the residual setting solution?

no i didnt know that was necessary . what do you wash the solution off with .. cheers Andy

Had a similar problem with some after market decals. I used Humbrol matt cote and it caused the decals to dissolve.

i bet that was annoying m8 . hope you managed to sort it .

Did you wash off the residual setting solution?

didnt wash off solution . what do you use please .. cheers Andy

I just use an ordinary supermarket spongy cloth, slightly damp. Maybe a touch of washing up liquid in the dampness, followed by just plain water dampness. Don't get things too wet.

ok that sound simple and not expensive . will try that next time . thanks for you input ... Andy