1/8 Senna McLaren

roymattblack

PLEASE....

Will someone come and pull my fingers from my keyboard and stop me continually looking at this full kit?

http://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-senna-mclaren-full-kit.html

It was a DeAg special offer only a while back at £100 off, and I keep looking to see it the offer is being repeated.

The Hamilton kit was absolutely superb and this one is by the same company - Kyosho.

Please send the men in white coats to sort me out.

Roy.

• Like 1

Don't think I'm going to stop you.

Look forward to seeing you do this one Roy ! Looks really goooooooood !

DeAg were at the London Model Engineers show at Alley Palley in January selling the full kit for £550....

Also when you consider the Amalgam model is kerb side (no engine) and £4275 it is so worth it even at £699

http://finemodelcars.com/product/mclaren-mp4-4-japan/

Edited by Séan Pádraig

PLEASE....

Will someone come and pull my fingers from my keyboard and stop me continually looking at this full kit?

http://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-senna-mclaren-full-kit.html

It was a DeAg special offer only a while back at £100 off, and I keep looking to see it the offer is being repeated.

The Hamilton kit was absolutely superb and this one is by the same company - Kyosho.

Please send the men in white coats to sort me out.

Roy.

Hi Roy,

I am having the same dilemma, I have been reading the build diaries and looking at the YouTube videos of this and it looks superb with lots of potential for additional details, I am so tempted now that I have been dissuaded from the pocher Ducati.

I have been hovering over the order button for a few days now, so I won't be able to stop you I'm afraid.

Best Regards

Keith.

Buy it,

I have just started working on it as the subscription ended, I just need to get some hex head bolts to replace some of the screws and it will be superb! You wont be disappointed.

I will put a diary on here at some stage.

• Like 2

Oh... drat, drat, drat and bu66er....

Bought it.

Won't be touched for a LOOONG time yet though.

If a bargain price pops up in the next few weeks I'll be SUFF'N RILED!!!

Roy

I'd be really interested to hear what you think of it Roy, I really value you opinion.

Best Regards

Keith.

Edited by Mpfiend

I am jealous. I signed up for the monthly distribution and then half way thru they started to offer it in one shot! Carefully check all the bags when the kit does come. I have had shipment arrive with missing parts on a few occasions. Fortunately their customer service is excellent and they have shipped me the missing parts.

Hello Keith.

I have a delivery date of mid March - ?

I'm assured no money will be taken until dispatch.

Roy.

Oh I see, I thought from looking at the website that it was in stock? Usually they deliver in five days?

I guess not.

Best regards

Keith.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Keith.

Sorry - harbinger of doom and all that - I've cancelled it.

A couple of potential comissions have transpired and the set-up costs plus 3D shells is pretty huge.

Also, at the current rate of work it wouldn't get touched for about a year at the very least.

It's still in mind though...

Roy.

That is a shame, I really would have liked to hear your opinion of the parts once you had them in your hands.

Never mind we can still look forward to some other tremendous builds from your workshop.

Best Regards

Keith.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought one of these real big McLaren MP4/4.

Found it on ebay de and it was not so expensive i thought. :bouncy: :bouncy:

All parts are still sealed,only one bag was opened.

Right now i do not know if i will resale it or put it in the cabinet right beside the Entex M23 1/8 i have to build one day.

Mhm...........

regards Christian