Tamiya ABS Cement

Stuck

Hi there,

I have just taken delivery of a Tamiya kit, a 2015 release.,At the start of the instructions it suggests using Tamiya ABS cement for sprues ( I presume ) A&B which forms the bulk of the build. Now this has left me a little bit confused as to why. As a rule I use Tamiya extra thin, holding the parts together , running the brush along the joints , and letting the capillary action do the rest, this seems to work .

So can any of you give me any pointers as to why it might be best to use it, left me wandering have they started using a new type of plastic for their kits ?

Cheers

It is a 1/24 scale car kit, I have just had a look on the Tamiya website and they do recommend using ABS cement on this kit, apparently its the same plastic used for 1/350 ship masts.on their kits. Now having had a look at the kit the plastic does seem to have a different feel to it, very shiny, I have tried gluing a bit of sprue with extra thin but it doesnt seem to dry, so I have ordered some Tamiya ABS. Just hope it works as well as extra thin.