Arado Ar 234B-2 1/72 Dragon

Hi folks,

this is the Dragon kits built as Hptm. Josef Regler machine of 9./KG76 shot down by P-47 from 336th FG in February 1945 and then tested by British authorities.

While most of the interior details were scracht bulit, I also used some of Eduard etched. Decal come partically from Aeromaster sheet and some markings were sprayed on.

Built for Valiant Wings Airframe Album that has just been announced and it is due early April.

Cheers

Libor

Ar234_01_zpsoa3ifwck.jpg

Ar234_03_zps40tz8zif.jpg

Ar234_04_zpswya1wvnb.jpg

• Like 41

Beautiful painting as always, this kit has a bit of a reputation for being a difficult build (which is why I've never attempted the one in my stash). I'll be back to look at this one many times I think.

Duncan B

Could the originator of this thread elaborate on the/any build difficulties: I've two in my stash awaiting build (one Bomber, one PR) and I'd like to be forwarned

Thanks gents:-) In brief, this kit has apparently worse reputation than it actually is; I haven't experienced any fit issues, only the separately moulded nose needed more attention. The kits only suffers from certain inaccuracies since it was based on US Museum example that does not match all features of original wartime production. More in the book:-)

Cheers

Libor

• Like 3

Superb building: however I would comment on the perceived accuracy.

I was fortunate to see some parts of the aircraft, under restoration, on a (or the) open day. As I recall, and it was quite some years ago, the wing was a single structure.

Looking at the photos, the model doesn't give this impression. If anybody seems fit to make an new tooling (Airfix, Revell ? one can but hope as the Dragon kit is hard to find) hopeful this will feature in the design.

Woh-hah, how cool is that.

I have built this kit about 10-15 years ago, but the result was not suitable for presentation;

it had a significant step between the fuselage section and the glass nose, also the wing section wasn't the best fit.

I have another Dragon kit in my stash, and will give it another try, your model is truly inspirational.

cheers!

Thanks everyone for comments once again!

Yep, the nose section may cause some difficulties, but with some trial fitting it wasn't really that bad. I built other Dragon nightmares like Ta 152 or P-61...

I agree a new and more accurate kit would be needed.

Cheers

Libor

• Like 1