1/35 Trumpeter S tank

The S tank has always been a favourite of mine. It still looks futuristic even though it was designed in the 50s.

The. Kit was. Fun to build and bar a metal barrel is out of the box. I used a combination of a j's works mask and frog tape to mask the splinter cam. I think it turned out pretty well. The modelling gods we kind to a foolish newbie and I only had two small run so they were easy to patch in. I finished it off with a sepia wash and a Matt coat to flatten everything down after the gloss for the decals.

E8030BA6-BF3B-47F9-AD34-5B2076E3DEFB_zps

3055BD44-4603-493C-97AA-BA61ECF4F260_zps

88678AE7-BBD7-4E5D-875F-3C0B1F23778E_zps

312F709D-F1E3-4529-B64F-7094F92FBCE6_zps

Still learnings, both modelling and the photography, so comments welcome.

Edited by Yeoman1942
  • Like 16

Love it :) I remember seeing this & have liked it ever since then. I acquired a kit some years back, but I believe it's inaccurate. Any quick list of what's supposed to be up with it? :)

Thanks Mike. I am not sure about the accuracy of the kit, the only thing I can find on the web is that it's a bit small to be true to scale. The other comment was that it does look a lot more like an s tank than a Sherman There is a great build on armorama, but I now can't find it again. From memory he opened up the inlet for the turbine, added some etch on the main deck and opened out the barrels on the mortars.

For me it builds into a good representation of a unique vehicle. Once I get through my current stash I would be very tempted by another and may go for the Swedish flag "cam" I found on the net.

The gun is an autoloading gun by the way. A nice looking tank I think. :) I vaguely recall seeing a video showing the empty shell casings being ejected out the back after firing with each shot.

I really like how the black color has been added here. Makes for great contrast on the camo scheme I think.

Edited by Housesparrow

Yep 3 man crew, an auto loading 105mm and the ability to go as fast in reverse as froward. Ideal for defensive battles in the forests of Sweden, but not a flexible as a rotating turret for firing on the move and offensive ops. A 3 man crew does mean you don't get much sleep when in the field as you don't have the bodies to stag on unless you are in a big troop