Westland Dragonfly

Coming together very nicely.

Colin

Thanks Colin and Smudge. I'm a bit stalled at the moment, which is a shame as there isn't too much to do. Although I used Tamiya tape to mask the demarcation between the Sky and ESDG, it looks fine in the model but rubbbish in the photos. I don't know if I've got it in the wrong place but I did check a couple of resources and a number of pictures so it should be OK.

Let's see what the weekend brings.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately never managed to finish. Just ran out of time. Got far as this

image_zpsqxobrpij.jpeg

I will finish it as there isn't really that much to do. I also need to source some transfers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got some feel back for this challenge. I've put the nose transparency on and the fit is awful. Fits fine at the top and on one side but too narrow, particularly at the bottom. I should probably have taken a sliver out of the bottom of the front fuselage if I'd known.

Done my best with Perfect Putty and a damp finger, followed by some gentle sanding to take away some of the obvious sharp angles.

This side (and roof) looks not too bad

image_zpspgogdarv.jpeg

This side does not look great

image_zpsrigpknhe.jpeg

I touched up the Sky/EDSG demarcation and have re-masked for a new coat. Overall, looks OK but not my best one.

image_zpshdndpqe5.jpeg

• Like 1

Couple of questions.

First for the mods. Is it OK to finish this here and put in RFI when finished? Or do I have to create a WIP to finish?

The second is for the whirlybird aficionados. Does it need a chin radome, presumably the AS radar? I've seen photos with and photos without. If it does I can probably knock something up from scrap.