Bf109 E-4 Tamiya 1/48

Hi all,

This is Tamiya's Bf109 E4. I used Eagle Cal decals for Major "Assi" Hahn's aircraft stationed at Le Havre in 1940. Was going to be my last build of 2015...

This is my first Tamiya kit, (a present- thx Chris!) and my first 1/48th scale...plenty of howlers, but I liked it a lot. The vast areas of yellow aren't my favorite though...( hard to make them look good).

Click the pics for a larger view....

Thanks for looking, all c&c/insights welcome

Cheers, Dave

33bpiis.jpg

k9i552.jpg

2f0gj6r.jpg

2poqn7m.jpg

2z3xkwk.jpg

zmxwcn.jpg

kalekj.jpg

14y7dpe.jpg

v5bs6c.jpg

6s6e51.jpg

jj7240.jpg

xlffh5.jpg

23u4je1.jpg

Edited by Dave N
  • Like 21

That's one of the best '09:s I have seen – superb build and weathering that looks just 'right'.

Incidentally, the rooster badge on the nose is a wordplay on the Major's family name – 'Hahn' means rooster in German.

Impressively understated work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

Thanks very much for the kind words guys, they are much appreciated.

That's one of the best '09:s I have seen – superb build and weathering that looks just 'right'.

Incidentally, the rooster badge on the nose is a wordplay on the Major's family name – 'Hahn' means rooster in German.

Impressively understated work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim- it definitely adds to the history and interest of the subject knowing that piece of background info. (I thought you were going to tell me about the aileron droop when flaps are deployed...:) - I daren't take scalpel to this one...) -Dave.

Thanks very much Andy. I just saw your Eduard E1...very impressive. I like the 109 E, it looks like the Eduard kit is much more detailed than the Tamiya... I found the landing gear especially to be a bit simplistic, as well as the nose area, so I think I will check out the Eduard. cheers, Dave