***finshed*** a break from Group builds

Not sure yet, on the fence as to either do it as a luftwaffe machine or the 3sqn special tail, saving standard sqn decals for hasegawas

progress, painted the cockpit, and the intake interior, not used the right grey, but who cares, didn't on my hasegawas and it doens't show

FF4E1E60-5DA4-4EE6-86A8-95CE80F6045E_zps

0DC91FCC-DEFD-417A-BA25-D35CEA81B7C1_zps

3F83EC05-A4B9-41D6-85AF-751F63F1A381_zps

All that needed to be assembled done and primed, albeit with some bits on sprues , ready for actually painting tommorow, still not decided on whether to go with a luftwaffe one or the 3qn 100th special, Have had both the right paint for german one for over a year without using it, but have had the 3qn decals for longer...decisions

Right instead of mopping around with no mojo, should see this as an opportunity to start something else, might have started this instead last week had it arrived. This was the subject of failed build last year, was cursed, almost made it and all after weeks of sweat blood and tears. 54EE10DB-A550-4DB4-83AC-9169B814CF0C_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Been left on the back burner, but got back to it last week, almost ready for decalling, but noticed a major issue that can't be fixed.

Now do I scrap it, 2nd time this kit has had to be scrapped after weeks of work to try again a thrid time when the pain subsides, or do I finish it and live with the big flaw?

C9FB08CC-AA23-44FD-8C0D-20B2417F2342_zps

F04ABC4E-9970-4BEB-BE44-509402BB3203_zps

4F19B82C-0E8B-4357-8BE4-3537C997330D_zps

• 4 weeks later...

after it languishing at the back of one of my shelves were it can't be seen, I've decided to crack on and finish it, I do after all model so it looks good on display, and won't see the intakes are iff, pics to follow, put all but the top decals on, all the addon bits are already made from the first one so just a case of attaching them.

Decals all one, delayed as I've had to repaint the pylons and targeting pods as they were painted using a first pot of xtracrlix gunship grey and the new one I used on this is quite a different shade, reminds me, need to change my backgound, had that for over a year AD189D6F-8815-41BF-B066-DEFABD98DB9F_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu