Revell's 72nd DHC-6 Twin Otter

According to Hannants, Revell now have two 1/72 DHC-6 Twin Otter kits listed. One is clearly noted as ex-Matchbox (RV4901), while the newer release (RV3954) - listed under the new arrivals, has no such notation - yet it appears to be the case judging from the illustration/photo. Could anyone verify if this a new tool or the old Matchbox kit with only the long-nose'd option, re-boxed and re-issued?

Scott

Hello all!

The engines are also too "thin". They should be wider and especially the cowling should be higher above wing. In DHC-6 srs. 300 the cowling line should raise behind the propeller. In the kit the cowling top is more or less flat.

I used to fly a Twin Otter that was owned by British Geological Survey but remained in Finnish register until it was sold to Canada. A month ago the plane was conducting survey missions on the Kenyan coast. An interesting subject for a modeller don't you think :)

Best Regards,

Antti

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

But I do hope for a new tool Twin Otter and a standard single Otter with optional parts to build a Vazar Turbo Otter!!

And, before any one says, I do have the Arctic Models conversion withe the Harbour Air decals. It is a very nice set and the colour diagrams reveal how far out the Hobbycraft kit fuselage is. Lots of small errors but in so many places that cutting up the kit fuselage would weaken the whole structure without internal bracing. O know 'cos I am starting one but am going to draw a line at doing all the necessary corrections.

• Like 1